OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (GSM LTE Unlocked)

OP 7 Pro is an interesting phone. The camera is the best I’ve ever had and does very well in low light. Mine has 128G memory and is fully unlocked to use both types of towers whereas this only serves GSM. I bought mine months ago for $500 and would prefer a lower price.

Anyone know if this works with Verizon?

Description suggests it’s still locked to Sprint, so no. Even if you can get it unlocked, I wouldn’t trust it. Sprint has a nasty habit of re-locking “unlocked” phones during updates.

:frowning: Bummer. Thanks for the response!

1 Like

Not a good deal. One plus was offering this phone from themselves . Cheaper and with accessories not that long ago.

The Nord is out now with better specs and cheaper…just not on sale yet in us market. (So stupid)

So it would work on Sprint? Even though Sprint is CDMA? Anyone have any experience with this on Sprint MVNO’s like Tello? Thanks,

You need to contact Verizon support and have them enable LTE only for it to work. Some people have had trouble getting support to understand this, but it does work.

Compatibility

From the features:

Compatible with Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and all GSM Networks along with their compatible MVNO networks such as Red Pocket GSM, Ultra Mobile, Mint Mobile, Ting GSM, Project FI, Cricket and many others. Please verify with your network to ensure complete compatibility. Does not work on Verizon.

2 Likes

Why not list all the bands?

Here are the bands for this model.

Note - just because bands are listed/supported does not guarantee that the carrier will support, especially in the case of Verizon.

FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/66/71
TDD LTE: Band 38/39/40/41/46
UMTS(WCDMA): Band 1/2/4/5/8/9/19
CDMA: BC0/BC1/BC10
GSM: Band 2/3/5/8

Please notice that this phone is unlocked. I don’t know where the other commenter got the idea that it’s locked to any carrier, but it literally says it’s unlocked in the title.

It ships with 9.0 (Pie), but it upgrades to 10.

It is a “unlocked”, but this was a Sprint model number phone that does not have all the same bands available as the true “unlocked” model number. This specific model number gm1925 was made for sprint but now doesn’t matter because sprint combined with t-moble

Does anyone know if the bootloader is unlockable since this is a Sprint phone? If you don’t know what a bootloader is, please don’t reply that this phone comes unlocked.

1 Like

I was hoping to use this on Republic Wireless, but their site says this about the OP7T: “We only support the North America unlocked version of this phone. Look for this model number in the product details: HD1905”

Am I reading everything correctly that this one won’t be supported on their network?

It would be best to check with them.

I have asked, but like many places their customer service is delayed and I don’t expect a response today.

My OnePlus 6T has developed some cracks in the screen. Thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on this over gambling with the longevity of my current phone waiting for the 8T to come out so I can scoop up an 8 or 8 pro in a couple months.

Spec wise it’s pretty much the same except a slightly faster processor. Opinions on if this is enough upgrade over the 6T?

You can also pick up OP7Pro GM1915 off eBay for about $310 (I paid $303 couple months ago, used). That model is T-MO version of OP7 Pro. However, you can easily flash the rom to global rom and it will truly be dual sim capable (dual sim card trays are < $10 on eBay).

I am using this on MintMobile and service is great, all feature works including wifi calling and volte. The default camera app is okay but strongly recommends using gCAM instead. It will upgrade to Andorid 10 OTA (mine did) and you can beta test sign up and upgrade the Oxygen OS to Beta 17. Phone is expected to receive Android 11 OTA.

1 Like

Anyone know if this phone will work on the boost mobile network?