OnePlus 8 5G - 8GB RAM (128GB) (Unlocked)

OnePlus 8 5G - 8GB RAM (128GB) (Unlocked)

Will this work with Sprint?

I think that’s T-Mobile now. It should but Sprint is an odd beast so best to check with them first.

What model version is this? In other words is this the US variant or International?

Looks like it’s IN2015

So, I’ve got some pretty lame news. I bought this since I am on Sprint and thought it would work, because searching for “Sprint Phone Compatibility Checker” brings you to the T-Mobile checker, and it said it was supported. Turns out, after receiving my OnePlus 8 5G, T-Mobile says that because our current account is with Sprint, and despite them having merged, this phone cannot be activated on Sprint. I would have to start a whole new account with T-Mobile. I feel exploited, to be honest.

Oooof, that’s not nice. If you’d like to return it, reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

@ThunderThighs Thanks for the quick response. I’ve contacted Customer Service and am awaiting instructions for the return.

1 Like

This phone do not work with Tmobile/SPrint network. It looks like this is an international version ( with 2 sim card slots) and tmobile/sprint customer care informed that this phone is not compatible with their network.

@ThunderThighs So what are the chances I can get this customer’s device as an open box item with discount? :grin:

1 Like

In my decades of mindless smartphone acquisition, I’d never received a phone that was utterly dead. Everything changed when Woot sent me a deceased OnePlus 8 5G.

My girlfriend and I purchased our phones from Woot simultaneously so that we could set them up together. Trouble was, hers worked perfectly while mine wouldn’t even power on.

I tried every recommendation from OnePlus to make mine work: holding the power button for twenty seconds five times in a row, holding the power and volume down buttons, charging for six hours, not charging for 12 hours. None of it worked. And whether I tried charging the phone with the supplied AC adapter or via USB to my laptop, I didn’t even get to see a battery status icon. The screen was nothing but a black mirror no matter what I did.

Still, it was good to have my girlfriend’s OnePlus 8 next to mine so I could confirm every normal thing I did with her phone that made no difference with mine. Pity that we couldn’t enjoy our phones together.

I didn’t know phones that dead were allowed to leave the factory.

Aside from the (all too common these days) dead on arrival phone , how do you and your lady like her working one?