Onkyo 2.1CH Bluetooth Speaker System

You can run any speakers with this unit, Only the sub is wireless.

What items are “factory reconditioned” in this product? With so many small parts in electronics, I am wondering if I should bite the bullet and just buy new…

Sorry for the late reply.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Here’s the official definition by a previous Woot staffer of the conditions and here’s an explanation of refurbished/recertified that may help.

You buy this, you are going to love it…

Hello croebke0629; to answer your questions: (1) the satellite speakers are hard-wired to provide the best sound for these speakers- it is only the subwoofer that is wireless and can be placed in a near proximity to the module for great sound/ bass. (2) As this is only a 2.1 system- you unfortunately can’t add more speakers- as this would be more for our AV receivers.

Hello rogerstacey; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and to answer your question: you can definitely plug in your Asus desktop PC. As this system can utilize digital optical / digital coaxial or RCA Analog audio cable connection to provide better sound from your PC (please check with your PC on its sound card and its audio output settings as well).

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Thank you kjack83435 for the great appraisal on this system- as we believe those who have purchased today or currently own love it for what it provides. Again- we thank you all Onkyo owners and followers for choosing Onkyo.

Every Logitech system I’ve ever had, especially the one years ago that had wireless rear speakers, has failed. In the case of that system, the rear speakers melted. The system was discontinued (shocking) and Logitech couldn’t even replace it under warranty, instead giving me a credit toward a new system, which the amplifier in the sub woofer failed right out of warranty.

Never again. I’ve spent the equivalent of $600 on Logitech speaker products in the last 7 years and all of them are door stops now.

All the while my Creative Gigaworks T20’s have been working perfectly since 2007.

On behalf of Onkyo USA and its Product Support department- we’d like to thank all those Wooters who have purchased themselves this system and those who have commented today.

Please feel free to contact our 24 hour Product Support department for any assistance with your Onkyo products at (800) 229-1687, option # 3 or via email: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

How well does the amplifier convert 5.1 content down to 2.1? My experience with a lot of other 2.1 systems is the center channel gets “lost” and either isn’t produced or isn’t loud enough.

It’s for this reason I actually picked up a Sharp 3.1 system for my livingroom TV. The center channel signal is arguably the most important and this fact is often not emphasized.

How does the Onkyo cope, in your experience?

Hello Samus; we are sorry to read about your previous experience with your Logitech system. We believe our Onkyo LS-3100 system would suffice to your needs.

Hello again Samus; with the use of the included listening mode VOCAL MODE- the lost of the center channel is not an issue with this system. To inform you; this system provides both VOCAL and NORMAL listening modes based on the source video presentation being provided by and the audio connection type as well.

First day review:

This is replacing an 8 year old Bose Cinemate Series I because the new TV didn’t have analog out.

The Pros (verses 8 year old Bose system):
The “voice” mode really does pop out the center channel, if characters are trying to talk over an explosion, you can hear what they’re saying.

We have an open living room with huge ceilings, both products filled the space well with sound (while a soundbar we tried in between the two systems failed miserably). In general, the sound is better than the old Bose system.

Speakers automatically come on when sound’s coming out.

It understood volume up and down from my LG tv remote.

Very sleek and stylish. Speakers can be wall-mounted with included stands (stands are separate with Bose systems).

Cons:
Short delay between the front speakers coming on and the sub kicking in. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but…

It turns itself off a little quickly, like if you have to hit pause for a couple minutes to get the kids something, it’ll turn off, then you hit play and lose a couple seconds of sound as it turns itself on again and re-negotiates with the sub.

That said, for $200 these are some great speakers.

I received my system, and it seems like it would sound great….but the left speaker will not work. I’ve tried changing the speakers around, adjusted the wiring, played different formats. But the left speaker just won’t come on. I have left a message with Onkyo support, no call back yet. I tried to register the product, the serial number attached to the receiver is not valid and will not register on their site. Hopefully some help with come sometime soon?..

Sorry you’re having trouble. Keep us updated on things with Onkyo.

If you need any further assistance along the way, please don’t hesitate to email support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation.

Anybody now the recommend distance between front speakers? Maximum distance? Thanks.