Onkyo 5.1CH 3D-Ready Home Theater System

It should, you should only need the HDMI out to the TV for any video source. But you could get a decent Blu Ray player on the cheap and stay HDMI all the way and probably get a better picture. With the output from the component you will probably only get 480i or 480p.

It should, you should only need the HDMI out to the TV for any video source. But you could get a decent Blu Ray player on the cheap and stay HDMI all the way and probably get a better picture. With the output from the component you will probably only get 480i or 480p.

FYI -
The Onkyo HT-S8409 is for sale on Moofi for the same price. It is a 7.1 setup that retails for a bit more (about $1000). The fronts are towers, and the fronts and center speakers have dual 3.5" drivers instead of single 4". The sub is also 10" but weighs 25.6 pounds instead of 21.4 pounds.

Just got notice that mine has shipped. Woot!!! Not bad considering the woot deal was just yesterday.

At the risk of reviving a dead thread, I wanted to bring any buyersā€™ attention to the following.
My receiverā€™s ā€œNetā€ and ā€œUSBā€ modes recently stopped working, along with a total lack of sound. I was just cursing my luck that it was ā€œjust pastā€ the 2-year warranty when I came across this service program. If anyone else has similar issues, please visit http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/service_info.php

1 Like

Thank you! I was just looking up my model so that I could look for this. You made my search that much easier. (I too have no sound or NET ability.)

1 Like