Onkyo 5.2CH Network A/V Receiver

Hello selvadurai; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and upon reading your post- we would like some information and offer some assistance to your Onkyo receiver. We would like to determine if we can provide you again with the impeccable AV enjoyment you were accustomed to with our receiver.

Please send the serial and model number of your receiver, along with your contact information (name, address, email, etc.) to review your previous servicing found on our database with any authorized service center. We may be able to offer a suitable alternative to providing you a newly functional and diehard receiver- as we have begun providing based on recent customer feedback. Please send this email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com for supervisory review and correspondence.

Hello 6speedbowtie; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support and upon reading your posting- we are sorry that you experienced this unforeseen issue with your receiver. We hope you are able to contact the dealer to resolve this and you are provided a functional NR 525 receiver soon.

We await to hear you are now happy with newly received AV unit and are also here to further assist you if you have any further questions or issues.

Hello again trichotil; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we’d like to inquire further on your issue and would like to offer some assistance. We would like to work and determine any assistance we can make available via an email sent to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com. We look forward to corresponding to you promptly and thank you again for your interest in Onkyo.

I purchased the similar model 6 years ago from RC Willey. It looks exactly the same, On sale for $750. I have xbox, blueray, hdmi 1080p TV, Comcast box, dvd, and vcr (on component cables) all hooked up through this Receiver.

I have never experienced a problem. It smoothly handles switching from 720 to 1080, blueray, RCA & component video, audio, etc. I added a Polk Front set of speakers (purchased from Woot) and re-set the tuning. Sound is awesome and there are several options to surround sound all the way to forced stereo to all speakers.

The unit does get hot. We keep the door open to the cabinet and I changed my prior design for stacking other components on it. Any receiver will get hot.

Onkyo is one of the best names in Receiver’s. I would buy this over Yamaha (comparable capability) every time.

Hello jaf323, this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and upon reading your post- we appreciate you as being a long-lasting Onkyo owner. We would also like to emphasize that there has been a progressive improvement in the performance and support of our products. I would like to take input such as yours and others on this forum and provide this to the appropriate department for further review.

We would rather take this constructive correspondence and assist all based on their issues. Please send an email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com so we can present this and provide to the proper channels.

Onkyo support is always more than happy to tell everyone that they pinky swear they no longer make crappy products. Perhaps not doing that in the first place would have been a better option? I understand that firmware can be an issue, and some manufacturing runs may not be quite up to snuff, but you’re 0-for-2 personally for me, and many other people are in the same boat. It reminds me of JVC and Panasonic trying to pull themselves out of the “cheap japanese crap” category. It took them a decade to get rid of that ill will. Reassuring everyone that if they would just buy YET ANOTHER of your product, THAT one will finally work properly isn’t the proper way to go about winning us over. I’m not wasting another dime on onkyo products. Even the reviews of Onkyo products make sure to point out that forums are filled with users complaining about quality and reliability. It’s the first thing under “The Bad” in CNnet’s review:

When “the bad” is “some of them just don’t work,” it doesn’t matter what it says under “the good.” I don’t like making gambles of hundreds of dollars.

Hello coreddrgn;

This is Onkyo USA’s Product Support dept. and we thank you for your posting. Regarding the firmware update for this receiver: Please verify that you are running the latest firmware version (1161-2110-0500) and review the following webpage to conduct the firmware update viewing the YouTube tutorial on this webpage as well: ONKYO - Firmware Update for the TXNR414, TX-NR515 & TX-NR616 via USB - YouTube.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Hello calvecg; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department. In regards to your inquiry, this receiver does ALL CHANNEL STEREO- as so your TX-SR x05 or x06 receiver you are referring to. As you should hear stereo audio from ALL speakers connected.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Hello ManiacDan;

This is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and upon reading your posting- we’d like further information on your issue to determine any assistance or options that can be made available to you. Please feel free to contact us via email at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com for supervisory review to your previous customer experience and support issue.

Hello humongous, this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and upon reading your posting- our receivers do tend to run about 80 degrees above ambient room temperature, this is normal. If you install the apparatus in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or rack, ensure that there is adequate ventilation.

Leave 20 cm (8") of free space at the top and sides and 10 cm (4") at the rear. The rear edge of the shelf or board above the apparatus shall be set 10 cm (4") away from the rear panel or wall, creating a flue-like gap for warm air to escape. Please make sure that when you turn off the main receiver that you also turn off the POWERED Zone 2 because if you don’t turn off Zone2 (if your receiver has this feature) then the receiver will continue to run and will produce heat. There is an internet dealer selling cooling fans that can be used with our receivers www.coolerguys.com.

I just want to thank Onkyo for helping me with my entire setup for my new TX-NR 626… I’m loving this… It’s definitely going to be a lovely holiday.

Hello wimawep; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support and upon reading your post- if you are trying to use another manufactures remote to control your Onkyo receiver they are the ones who are responsible for programming the hexadecimal codes into their remotes. We do not have codes for any other manufactures remotes.

We can provide the IR codes via email for programming onto your Harmony or other learning remote controllers. Economically priced universal controllers may not have the capability to program and utilize these IR commands.

I’ve brought several units from Onkyo. Some had bugs in it, but Onkyo was there to make sure I was a satisfied customer. The only hassle was finding the receipts.

Hello rehunt; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we would like to assist you with the reported issue. Please contact our Parts & Services Dept. at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you. You will also need to submit your serial number along with a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com (as well as the serial number of your receiver). Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. If you’re within the 2 year manufacturer’s warranty; simply send your receiver to the nearest regional service center. If you are outside the 2 year manufacturers’ warranty; please contact the Parts & Services department promptly. Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention and Happy Holidays from Onkyo USA.

Mine works perfectly fine. I did ventilate my A/V cabinet with a couple of little fans… because it was doubling as an Easy Bake Oven. But with proper ventilation… seems to be fine.

We would like to thank all our current and new customers of Onkyo and our exquisite line of AV products and support. We appreciate those posting today and also sharing there commentaries and praise of Onkyo and its products.

We would like to welcome those new and current Onkyo customers who appreciate great sound and also a phenomenal AV experience. Our new products are receiving great reviews and also winning the attention of former Onkyo customers. This is due to the overall performance of the 2012 product line and its progression. Those who made recent purchases of our esteemed products who share in the same sentiment of the overall progression of our product versus any unfavorable statements.

You will see the advancements, attributes, and acknowledgement that our products are providing the experience you expected from Onkyo. Again- we thank all for your confidence in Onkyo and wish all Happy Holidays.

Please feel free to share your feedback and great testimonials onto our forum or via email: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

I bought an Onkyo TX-SV727 analog discrete power output Prologic reciever in 1997. It lasted… well, 16 years and is my main amplifier for my Samsung PN64E7000 65" Plasma TV powering my Infinity RS 2.5 speakers. It works as well as it did when I bought it. I don’t do those l-a-m-e sound bars.

It’s too bad that I now have to use optical audio outputs and optical to analog adaptors since the mainstream has gone HDMI everything and people don’t have the ability to know that there are other ways to get fantastic sound from your home theater. NEVER audio sync problems.

Hello Ringo4422;

This is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we would like to thank you for your posting and choice in Onkyo USA as well. Happy Holidays from Onkyo USA.

Anyone else getting choopy video via HDMI? all sources were working fine before I switched the receiver. now I am getting dropped frames through any HDMI source. Video playback from HTPC especially seems affected the most. Kind of like seeing video at 10 frames a second or less.