Onkyo 7.2-Channel 4K Network A/V Receiver

i used to have an onkyo…great space heater! high current…i had the 804

HDCP 2.2 only on inputs 1 2 and 3… Get the TX-NR676 HDCP 2.2 on all inputs…

I have that. Pretty decent receiver for the money.

Wow, Newegg has that Onkyo TX-NR676 for 368.99. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=12K-00DD-000W9

Onkyo makes some good feature packed receivers, but they aren’t know for longevity. It might work for a few years, it might work for a decade, or it might take a dump a few days after the warranty expires. Do some research before dropping money on this brand.

The spec sheet attachment is for the 810. This is the 720. Don’t be misled.

Indeed, both of my Onkyos have been repaired–one under warranty, the other outside (think it was a bit over $100). But post-repair, both are still used daily at 9 and 11 years of age, respectively.

For comparison’s sake, my 3-year-old Denon has not needed repair yet, and I wound up recycling a Sony ES receiver that died within the first year and got progressively worse with each of five consecutive warranty repairs. It was completely nonfunctional upon taking it out of the box after the last “repair”.

Yep, been there done that. Am on a Denon going on 14 years - no problems.

Note that the RZ720 has its own advantages, such as better zone 2 functionality.

25 W per Channel (6 Ohms), 110 W/Ch (8 Ohms) Is this correct? Normally the lower the ohms the higher the watts (and distortion)

what model year is this receiver? I count 9 hdmi I/O.

I have a Denon, 2 Yamaha and 1 Sony receivers. The Sony blew the center channel at 15 years and one of the Yamaha receivers was hit by lightning last year. The Denon was a replacement for the lightning damaged Yamaha. The damaged Yamaha is built like a tank compared to the Denon (similar price points), but the Denon is newer and has updated features and works very well. I never considered Onkyo.

but if you want to connect more then 3 4k products … ur out of luck…

According to Onkyo, all Hdmi ports except the front panel are hdcp 2.2.

Also, the 6ohm power is 225w @ 10% THD.

According to the manual, on the 720 HDMI 1-6 are ALL HDCP 2.2

Yeah that’s incorrect. All the HDMI inputs are listed as HDCP 2.2

Full Specs Here:
On Onkyo receiver listed today when I clicked on Full Specs Here it took me to
Onkyo TZ 810 not 720

Gee, this sure has a lot of stuff. But I think I’ll stick with my Marantz 2240.

I have an Onkyo, the TX-NR1030.

It’s a tier level higher than this.

One thing… very important when coming to buying an amp/receiver. The weight of the unit.

I know, sounds trite, but in reality, it is very important. The weight tells the buyer how big and how good the transformer is. If the the unit is light, under 30 lbs or so, the transformer is meh.

Above 30 lbs, those transformers, and the associated components, are much beefier.

The heavier it gets, the better it gets.

Heat sinks are bigger and more effective, the overall chassis is built better.

The 1030 I have weighs in at 45lbs. Much stouter.

Now, a good price for the 1030 is over $1000, so I can’t compare directly.

Just adding some info to the equation.