Onkyo 7.2CH A/V Receiver w/ Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Cnet Review
Product Page
Endgadget Reviews

Got one of these from Woot 2 weeks ago, installed it last weekend and so far it’s a great system. This is my 3rd Onkyo receiver and haven’t had any issues yet.
Only thing with this one is I’m using the wireless feature instead of a physical cable and the front panel has the word “wireless” lit up in bright white light. I’m going to find some black tape to put over it. Other than that, it’s an awesome unit.
Also love the way my Android phone connects to it via Bluetooth and plays my songs.

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at crutchfield.com and pretty good review (8 out of 10) and some helpful pictures over at trustedreviews.com

grumblegrumble*

I bought the 727 recently from Woot for $479, and it flakes out randomly (and sometimes predictably) whenever I try to run my Roku through it. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to hook it up until I was outside of Woot’s return period, so they’re response was for me to contact Onkyo support. While I appreciate that, and understand it’s my problem for not getting around to hooking it up sooner, I just don’t have the time to deal with 1st and 2nd tier technical support folks, stepping through countless troubleshooting scenarios just to find out that there’s an incompatibility that can’t be addressed otherwise. I’ve since bought a different non-Onkyo unit that works flawlessly.

If you’re looking for plug-n-play, you might get lucky, but be wary that you may have to actually utilize the 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on this refurbed unit.

On a related note, if anyone is in the market for the 727, instead of the 626, used for less than a week, with 9 months left on its warranty, let me know, and I’ll cut you a deal…

Hey Grumble,
I was thinking very seriously about purchasing this receiver, I had an Onkyo several decades ago and was very happy. I live in Ohio, what state do you live in?
Please send your “deal” directly to my personal email address: XXX
Thanks
Eddie

[MOD EDIT] I removed your personal info, as this is a very public forum. Please use private messages (the little envelope to the right of anyone’s user name to message them).

Hello TheEndless; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and after reading your post- it would’ve benefited from a simple call or contact to our 24 hour Product Support department. As we also obtained this information from Roku’s Support forum; since their HDMI DEEP COLOR is defaulted to active status- all needed to do on the receiver is to disable DEEP COLOR on the NR 727 and also under the SOURCE SETUP> PICTURE ADJUST submenu- select PICTURE MODE to DIRECT to bypass the internal video processor of the NR 727 receiver as well. This information was also located onto Roku’s Support forum as well for reference.

For anyone who seeks to purchase his NR 727; If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Good Morning fellow Wooters;

This is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we’d like to thank all our new and current/previous Onkyo customers today to this great sale of our TX-NR 626 Network AV receiver today. We provide to you an introductory video for the TX-NR 626:

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please feel free to provide them today or contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

I’ve been using my Tx-NR616 for going on a year now. When I bought it I saw a lot of bad reviews due to HDMI problems but you couldn’t beat the features for the price so I decided to risk it. Other than a weird problem of my Blu-Ray player going black every ten minutes while watching Netflix, and my rear surrounds not showing up in Audyssey, the receiver has been flawless. At first I was concerned about its longevity because every time I skip forward on the DVR the receiver makes that click you get when you change inputs, but after a year it’s still going strong. I love the powered zone 2, I run speakers on my deck and use the Android app for controlling the music while chilling in my hammock. I really bought it for the 2nd HDMI out to run my projector, and that works nicely as well. I just received my Mirage OMD-15s yesterday and they sound incredible with this amp. SO basically, 8/10, would buy again.

Are the set of internet radio and music channels fixed for this receiver? If a new service becomes available over time will it be able to use them?

I’m very impressed with Onkyo’s support following this sale so closely and giving a gentle “smackdown” to a pretentious know-it-all. I’m now even more interested in their products. Thanks, Onkyo!

Can you listen to it using headphones and not have sound coming through the speakers? I have a pair of RF wireless Sennheiser RS120 headphones that I would like be able to use with it to watch TV. I read that some receivers don’t allow this.

Anyone know if Onkyo has fixed their issues with their HDMI boards? I have an SR706 and it worked great for a couple of years, then the HDMI board started failing. Unfortunately when Onkyo had the part they charged almost has much for a replacement board as they did for a new receiver.

Has anyone figured out a good way to push DLNA audio to one of these from a Windows machine? I don’t use Windows Media Player (for anything… ever) but even when I resorted to trying it, it just claimed that no devices were found.

I bought this exact receiver bout a month or two ago from woot! I was having an issue with HDMI audio passthrough, and thought this would not work for my needs. But Onkyo support right here on this page was awesome! They responded right away to my question and concern, and walked me through some settings I needed to change.

Since then I have no problems with this Onkyo, and I am actually considering picking another one up during this woot.

One question for Onkyo support would be, if I am using the Net feature, is it normal for the unit to take down and HDMI Sub output so I cant view my DTV on the other tv’s hooked up through my HDMI over Cat6?

Great unit, Great price, and Great support!! Thanks woot, and Onkyo!

This probably won’t help you, but I access my music library on my PC through my XBox using, you guessed it, WMC. It works really well. I also use the Xbox and WMC as my DVR with six channels being supplied by two HDHomeRuns. It also serves up any movies I may have downloaded so don’t write off WMC quite yet.

I purchased this same unit from Woot about a month ago and use my Sennheiser RS120 haedphones with it all the time - no sound comes out of the speakers when the headphones are plugeed into the receiver. I also love the sound I get from this unit - with and without the headphones. Hope this helps.

Hello Scooter32401, this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and upon reading your post- we wanted to know if you ever contacted our 24 hour Product Support department (in regards to the DEEP COLOR issue with the BD player and connection issue with your Audyssey calibration)? We believe those 2 simple issues can be resolved via phone call or detailed email instructions.

We also wanted to thank you and show our greatest appreciation for your commentary and strong choice in Onkyo and our products/ services. We say this countlessly because of customers like you: It is customers like yourself we strive to provide exceptional and innovative products for years of AV enjoyment.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Hello jtots; you can add up to 40 favorite internet radio stations ending in the following url suffixes: pls, m3u, and rss. These are the ONLY radio stations able to be accessed and saved onto our internet radio input (besides the fixed online stations made available).

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

UPDATE: I also provided a YouTube tutorial slightly further down this thread for your review and reference to resolve your inquiry.

Hello fuzi719; we only seek to provide accurate information and support to all current and potential customers, so our Onkyo patrons can make a great and educated decision on the product that will change the way one views TV and listens to home audio.