Onkyo 7.2CH A/V Receiver w/ Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

So, can I buy wireless speakers to join to this receiver? My wife wants no wires!

Hello Fuerzo, YES- many of our receivers since 2010 support Audio Return Channel via HDMI (via HDMI v. 1.4a rated cables). There is also a menu option under HARDWARE SETUP—> HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) & AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL that must be enabled for the support of this feature. Your TV must also support Audio Return Channel as well for this to successfully operate.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Hello bigdogtimc, this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support department and we thank you for your continuing support and choice in Onkyo and our NR 626 receiver. As widely mentioned; we are very proactive in assisting you with any unforeseen issues and will always provide 24 hour Product Support assistance to you for any questions or concerns you may have via phone (800-229-1687), support forum: (forums.onkyousa.com) or email: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com.

We again wish you countless hours of AV enjoyment with your two NR 626’s and know you will enjoy movie night at home even know now.

Hello jeff32210; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support department and reading your posts- we thank you for your feedback and for your excellent choice in Onkyo and our receivers. As always- if you have any questions or concerns; please contact us via phone (800-229-1687, option # 3), support forum (forums.onkyousa.com) or email: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com).

Hello ScottFromWyoming; this is OnkyoUSA’s Product Support and to answer your question: the ZONE 2 feature is like having two amps inside one receiver. It can broadcast the SAME or INDEPENDENT audio source thru both listening zones.

NOTE: ZONE 2 is an ANALOG only source- With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more features they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. So basically- any input connected to the receiver already using HDMI will also need a RCA Composite audio (red and white) cables into the SAME input (i.e HDMI> CBL/ SAT and RCA AUDIO cables> CBL/SAT). Now when you press the specific input for ZONE 2- the analog audio source will broadcast the audio and the digital audio will be broadcasted into the main room.

Does this support Apple AirPlay?

Hello adamcvinson; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Supprot department and upon reading your post- it is evident that you do not currently own a TX-NR 626. Nevertheless; we would love to assist you with your receiver and the end result being you once again have a great sounding receiver, as intended when you made the choice to Onkyo.

We apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your receiver and would like to further assist you to having your unit evaluated and serviced at an authorized Onkyo service center. Please contact our Parts & Services Dept. at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt from an authorized Onkyo dealer along with the full serial number (found on the rear of the receiver). Please also provide your FULL mailing address and contact number as well via email to parts@us.onkyo.com [Add in the subject line: FB Moderator Request]. The Parts & Services department will be the department to possibly assist and provide a one-time extended warranty authorization for the repair of your receiver.

Adam- this is an easy process and I will personally monitor and ensure no hiccups occur in having your current receiver serviced. We again apologize for the issue you are reporting with your receiver; but we’d like to offer our full assistance to helping resolve this promptly.

Hello again bclinton1- I have personally tried to reach out to you and offer all available assistance to your reported issues. You have NOT replied back and this was my last comment to you earlier this year:

this is the Onkyo USA Product Support representative and we have constantly reached out to you to better understand your issue and offer ANY options to resolve your issue.

We would again like to lend an ear and see what issue(s) you’d like to refresh our memories and offer some resolutions that were probably not available to you previously. As we have assisted and helped many current and previous customers with their issues; I would love the opportunity to further assist you personally.

Please send a detailed email to my attention at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and I will respond back promptly. As always bclinton1- we thank you for your continuing interest in Onkyo.

BClinton1- the door is still open for us to actually provide some assistance and resolution for your issues. We do appreciate your interest in our products and sales and would like to assist you today.

Bought one the last time this model was on sale. It replaced an older defective Onkyo model. I was reluctant to purchase another Onkyo after the last one failed, but I couldn’t pass up the price for the features I need (powered zone 2).
So far it’s been great. Controlling a receiver with an app is new to me, but I like it (despite the app being a little counter-intuitive). The only complaint I have is that Zone 2 won’t output from HDMI sources. Since all my devices use HDMI, and I’m not planning on connecting a bunch of RCA cables just for Zone 2, I’m going to have to live with it. Download the app to your phone and place it in demo mode if you want to see what sources can be sent to Zone 2. It’s not a huge deal breaker for me because my Zone 2 speakers are outside, and the only thing I’d want to send would be music, so Pandora and FM is probably all I need anyway.

Hello wootplantz; the NR 626 currently only supports wired speaker connection. It will NOT output audio via Bluetooth to BT speakers. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Hello deemery; while this receiver doesn’t support Apple AirPlay for audio playback- it does support Bluetooth and is easily AirPlay accessible with the use of Apple TV or the DS-A5 connected onto our receiver.

Thanks. I can hook up an AppleTV or Airport Express to any receiver with audio in or TOSLink. AirPlay is the one feature that would make me open my wallet to replace my current receiver.

Does anyone know if this takes the surround sound through the HDMI cable? We have a similar receiver, and you have to use optical to get surround. That wasn’t clear in the manual, and took a whole lot of searching around before I found that out.

I bought one of these several weeks ago from woot when it was $10 more…

I have a problem with it where the HDMI will cut in and out if it gets too hot. It is in open air but the picture will start to flicker after 30 minutes of use. Doing a google search it appears the HDMI board is overheating. I contacted woot and they won’t do anything about it. I contact Onkyo and they want me to pay to send it back for repair. So not only do I have to pay out of pocket I will be without my ‘new’ receiver.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company to do a charge back. First and last Onkyo equipment I will own.

I hope others have better luck.

It certainly plays “surround sound” through just the HDMI cable from my dvr/googletv/ps3.

Warning, the networking in Onkyo’s receivers is flawed, it violates well established Internet standards (RFCs), and produces a significant amount of network traffic even when the unit is in standby (which is especially significant if you expect to connect it via WiFi). The result is that their receivers simply “don’t play well with others.”

Onkyo is aware of the issues, claims they were by design, and seems not to be interested in fixing them. Why they would deliberately design a product with defects is unexplained.

Hello again Onkyousa…like I said in this post and the others that I leave to warn folks about Onkyo…I do not have either receiver any more. You can’t help me. I have a Yamaha receiver and it simply works great. I can only warn other buyers before they waste money on Onkyo receivers like I did.

Hello sdempster; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department- reading your post I would like to personally assist you in having your receiver evaluated at an authorized service center if needed. I would also like to have or on site technician contact you b as well via Skype or phone call to better assess your reported issue and advise if servicing is needed.

Please provide your contact information to this email address along with a suitable timeframe when you are near your unit for our technician to assist you. Please email to information to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com ATTN: Woot Moderator. If needed, we can inquire about shipment arrangements further to appease abd resolve your issue with your NR 626, as your NR 626 now has internal fans and better heatsinks. It also can provide the current internal temp of the receiver & if it registers above 150 degrees Fahrenheit, the internal fans become active. You also seemed not to fully disable the HDMI DEEP COLOR feature to eliminate the video flickering.

You certainly are not alone…if you are thinking about buying Onkyo first you should google “HDMI problems with Onkyo”…it may change your mind…

Wondering if Onkyo allows access to a Plex media server running on the network it is attached to.