Onkyo 7.2CH A/V Receiver w/ Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

I purchased one of these a year ago and while I agree that it has an HDMI issue (I had to get mine repaired but it was covered under warranty and I paid nothing) I do love the device. The fact I can control it completely with my tablets and phones is great. It is very easy to use and I can play music straight from my phone.

So, yes, this was well known for having an HDMI chip issue, these are refurbished and hopefully because of that issue. This is a $600 receiver. I think the only gripe I had was when pushing 3D through it, it can flash the screen a couple times while it is trying to figure out the display (maybe 3-4 seconds at beginning of a 3D movie)

I can both second and third the comments on problems with this unit. I’ve owned two similar models. They are great right up until the point when they go bad. Both of mine went bad shortly after the warranty expired. At $300 - $400 each, that’s a hell of a cost per year. I now own a Pioneer.

Nooooooo!!! Run from Onkyo!!! Google their receivers before you leap into this pit of fire.

Bought a 606 in 2008 from Crutchfield. Traded comments in this forum last spring when Woot has an Onkyo rep online answering questions. Just bought this 626 a week ago, I’m using the box it came in to send the 606 back to Onkyo for repair, I have 1 HDMI out, it actually went out maybe 4 years ago, so year 3 of ownership. The Onkyo rep said they’d fix it for free, although I’m not sure of the shipping bit, I’ll have to read up on that. The new 626 is awesome, love the ability to crank tunes from my iPhone through bluetooth, and get Pandora without having to go through the blueray player. The repaired 606 will go in the basement where the kid’s game boxes are.
-CHUCK-
side note: just looked on amazon and the 626 is $80 cheaper today than 12 days ago!!?? they’ll have to correct that for me!

There is a RMA program for it. http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/service_info.php Takes a few weeks to process.

I’m missing something here…

1. This a Receiver with a documented history of problems.

2. The price of a new unit with 2 year warranty is a better deal then what is offered here.

3. Support after purchase has been noted to be problematic and costly.

From the bar graphs above they are selling like hot cakes…

HUH?

You can read the reps post or you can read the thousands of customer testimonials of buggy equipment and poor support after the sale. If Onkyo owned the problem and fixed the receivers I would have not problem with them. I have tossed 2 myself and one from a friend that I recommended Onkyo to over the past 6 years. Never again.

Really tempting, but no phono inputs for my turntable. :frowning:

[MOD: It has phono input.]

Uhmm…O.K.

Hello sup68396; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support and we thank you for your previous purchase of the TX-NR 626 receiver. I can comfortably state that the issue you are reporting is NOT reminiscent of the PCB board issues affecting our units from 2009-2012.

If you can provide your full serial number found on the receiver’s rear panel and your contact information/ mailing address via email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com; I can assist you with some information to having your unit further evaluated and can also offer some courtesy shipping to the service ecenter as well if its over 50 miles away, just for today!

Hello golfjoker; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support department and if you can provide some more information regarding this issue (as video dropout after 15-30 minutes is uncommon; brief video dropouts recurring every few minutes is resolved via disabling HDMI DEEP COLOR); I can further assist you and also provide free courtesy shipping today for the unit to be reviewed at the service center. Please PM me or send an email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com.

Hello alextse; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support department and we thank you for being a long-standing Onkyo supporter and owner. We would like to reiterate that this unit, or ANY 2013 units, will not succumb to the same issues noted in our Special Service program for models manufactured from 2009-2012.

We like to provide accurate information to our customers; customer speculation is a by-product of rampant issues we have addressed and accommodated previously. If you’d like more information; please feel free to contact us directly via social media (FB, Twitter, etc.) or via email: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com.

Hello mikes123; how’s your current Onkyo receiver working for you? As again- we have addressed your issue- you still seem to fail to mention this. Should we enlighten you via your email or Amazon/ forum postings in which you mentioned our FW update resolved your networking issues and this issue is rampant on many other non-Onkyo AV units as well.

Any information available on the stand-by wattage consumption? And how hot the receiver gets while in use?

Never mind-saw it in the specs. Standby: 0.15W

Hello bclinton1; how have you been after the holdiays? To answer your post- the TX-NR 626 hamore than favorable ratings on Amazon.com for example. I can even work with you onto obtaining an Onkyo receiver you are constantly reviewing and posting onto woot.com if you prefer. This may be the best option as someone who is frequently posting about our products. If you’d like to take this option; please PM or send me a direct email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and I can provide one similar to the specs of your Yamaha receiver.

Yes lostlink; this is the rating when the receiver is on STANDBY status and you have activated HDMI pass through and/or the NETWORK standby options to keep a constant internet connection with your home network.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Hello jholmgren; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support department and we thank you for your previous purchase of our TX-NR 626 receiver.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept. for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com. I can provide some more assistance and accommodations not readily available by some representatives to stand behind our products and services.

Yes billhill; Onkyo USA can definitely back this up and we will stand behind our products. If you ever have an issue or concern; please contact us directly via email at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and we will further assist you promptly. We can even contact you via phone and speak with you to resolving any concerns you may wonder about.

Hello dskrentz; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support department and I would like to ask you to please provide some more information for your issue so we can answer back. We would love to further evaluate and respond to your issue. We thank you as well for your Pioneer purchase as well; and thank you for your choice in our products and your posting. I would love to further hear from you.

Hello mysterytrout; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support department and we would like to further assist and educate you on the accurate issues. What you are asking those to google are units we are already servicing under the Special Service program many have already eluded to on this thread. As we are also receiving better than expected feedback for our 2013 and 2014 units; it is easy to state we have addressed and resolved our Achilles heel.