Onkyo 7.2CH A/V Receiver w/ Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

**Some people just don’t read, ever. **

I understand the HDMI issues have supposedly been fixed. My comment was in regards to Onkyo not standing behind their product when they clearly have a defective product line. The HDMI boards may have been fixed this round, but if something else is wrong with these, know they won’t do anything to help you.

Hello Raylang; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support Dept. and in reading your posts- odds are if they contacted Onkyo or myself- they have been well accommodated with the servicing of their units. As many who have expressed their issues have been promptly assisted; if your friends would like some assistance; please refer them to send a detailed email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and I will give them the exceptional level of support and service many others have been given.

Thank you again for posting and your interest in Onkyo.

[QUOTE=burdel]

Hello maestro8; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support Dept. and in reading your post- it seems you haven’t contacted our Product Support Dept. for assistance. AS this Blue screen you eluded to shows that the HDMI inputs are fully functional and there’s a resolution issue between the HDMI OUT and your TV/ projector. This can be easily resolved by the info provided when pressing the DISPLAY button of the receiver and also modifying the MONITOR OUT setting of the receiver from AUTO to THRU.

If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Hello dave17; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support Dept. and your post differs from the previous Wooter. Gray/ Black screen indicates a possible issue with the HDMI Inputs and this also can be easily resolved following the same methods mentioned in the last posting.

If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Very true. A few years back it used to be one of the best budget receivers… not anymore. The one on sale has too many complaints. And Onkyo is too bad in handling service. I cannot survive a week without my receiver and if they are asking me to ship it out to fix - it is not going to happen.

Hello again mysterytrout; I have been reviewing previous postings and PMs- as I know we have conversed before. I was trying to recollect your issue and receiver model number. As you are eluding to via the Google search- the models easily complied are MAINLY units currently covered under our Onkyo Special Service program. You will also find many are derivative from our Onkyo USA Support forum. Further viewing will show many resulting and satisfied Onkyo owners happy with our call to service.

Hello andrewkk; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support Dept. and we would like to thank you for your purchase and for posting your concern. As our receivers do require high current to drive that awesome sound you enjoy- a byproduct is residual temperature.

Our receivers do tend to run about 80 degrees above ambient room temperature, this is normal. If you install the apparatus in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or rack, ensure that there is adequate ventilation. Leave 20 cm (8") of free space at the top and sides and 10 cm (4") at the rear. The rear edge of the shelf or board above the apparatus shall be set 10 cm (4") away from the rear panel or wall, creating a flue-like gap for warm air to escape. Please make sure that when you turn off the main receiver that you also turn off the Zone 2 because if you don’t turn off Zone2 (if your receiver has this feature) then the receiver will continue to run and will produce heat. There is an internet dealer selling cooling fans that can be used with our receivers www.coolerguys.com.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

The older Onkyos had a bad board, the newer ones are good to go. I actually just submitted my claim to have my receiver fixed at no charge. I am now just waiting for the packing material to arrive, as Onkyo is paying for everything.

Worst part, is I will have to deal with my TVs horrible sound for 2-3 weeks while it is being repaired, but that’s better than losing audio for a few seconds, every few minutes…

But I love it for everything else, great product…

For what its worth I am currently having my NR515 repaired for free. It had the HDMI board issue.

They have a website set up and you just enter your serial and model. Mine was a refurbished unit and it is still getting the fix for free. They even send a box and prepaid labels.

https://repair.onkyousa.com/na/003_2012.php?country=USA

Edit: I need to learn to spell.

Hello Walke2jd; this is Onkyo and I’m surprised to read this post; as we are still currently providing servicing accommodations for the TX-SR 606 and HT-R667 receivers. Please contact our Parts & Services Dept via fax 201-934-7823 or email (parts@us.onkyo.com) at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. You will need to provide the following information: Name, address, contact info (telephone number/ email address); along with copy of sales receipt, model number, serial number; and full description of issue(s) of your TX-SR606/ HT-R 667 receiver. Note: if you do not have your sales receipt; please provide information on date and dealer of purchase for your TX-SR606/ HT-R 667 receiver. Your correspondence will be reviewed and handled by the Parts & Services representative who will contact you regarding your issue.

If you experience any hiccups; please CC your email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and I will assist you in having your unit shipped and serviced promptly.

Walke2jd; please review the posting just published; as our Parts & Services Dept. will gladly help you with a one-time accommodation to having your SR 606 serviced.

Hello harinair; this is Onkyo USA’s Product Support Dept. and contrary to your initial impression on our servicing and support practices: we have been providing exceptional support and options to our customers reporting any issues with our products/ services. As evident onto our support forum- we have aided many with prompt support. We have had customers reporting back into receiving their units back in less than routine time with full functionality again. I can provide some customer testimonials to validate our level of support; or you can review them on our social media accounts for better viewing.

Actually the weblink is http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/service_info.php

This weblink is for our customers experiencing a loss of audio/ networking functionality for many of our network ready receivers manufactured from 2009-2012. We will provide FREE SHIPPING and SERVICING of your receiver. You also have the option to obtain a REBATE for the trade-in of your current receiver specified in the program IF you wish not to have the unit modified with the improved PCB board hosing both the DSP and Network chips.

UPDATE: Walke2jd- I have just advised the Parts & Services Dept to be on the lookout for your correspondence: to aid in this service request- please put “Walke2jd from Woot.com” in the subject line and a representative will promptly review and respond back to you. It is just that easy…

You are wonderful. Thank you for joining us here to help out some folks and answer questions.

No Problem TT; we at Onkyo USA are always ready and willing to assist our customers and potential owners with their questions.

Hello and Good afternoon to our fellow Wooters;

We at Onkyo USA hoped everyone enjoyed their weekend and would like to thank all those who have purchased and/or posted today or previously. We would like to take this opportunity to show all the actual features of this receiver- so let us introduce the TX-NR 626 again to you:

[YouTube=eDsDWYbkL0Q][/YouTube]

Here is another videoclip showing the use of your iPhone/ iPad with the TX-NR 626 receiver from our colleagues across the pond (Onkyo Europe):

[YouTube=TpAZyb7lpv0][/YouTube]

Here is another YouTube videoclip showing how to setup your TX-NR 626 for media streaming from our friends overseas:

[YouTube=yepAgogCZ6U][/YouTube]

I will give this a shot. If this gets taken care of, I will edit my posts. Keeping my fingers crossed…