Onkyo TX-RZ610 7.2Ch A/V Receiver

I am the first post that you spoke of. As I said in my post, after Onkyo was purchased they claim to have fixed my receiver, and it still doesn’t work. This repair happened within the last 18 months. If you’re saying that they’ve suddenly gotten better in the last year or so, then that’s different. but don’t call it fake news when it’s happening to me today. This is not something that happened to me five years ago, the receiver just turned itself off last night and refuses to turn on. This is the receiver that Onkyo refurbished for me because the original model run was of such poor quality. They cannot be relied upon to produce thingsthat work properly, I’m sorry if you feel differently but it’s the absolute truth. Also, I didn’t say anything about the HDMI board. My original Onkyo had that problem, the second one just has power issues and cannot remain on.

By the way,if this is a paid endorsement for Onkyo like I predicted, I do like this new approach.

I have the exact same receiver and it hates my PlayStation 4. I’ve had two PS4 consoles (upgraded to the pro) and it constantly loses “handshake” the screen blanks out randomly. It used to correct itself but you I’ve got to get up and power cycle it. I got the same one for my dad and his suddenly loses audio connection, get up, turn it off, turn it on, and it’s fine again until next time.

I should note, my video cuts out if I enable 4k on the PS4. Song blames Onkyo, and Onkyo blames Sony (shrug)

Way to generalize about all Onkyo receivers. I purchased this TX-NR809 on August 8th 2012 and it’s still running perfectly. No issues.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00505F01E/

Just sharing my experience which is different from yours.

I can’t confirm until the check clears.

My $800 Onkyo was not covered by the extended warranty. But a good deal on another Onkyo on Woot a couple of years ago encouraged me to forgive and forget. The new one has been flawless. Though the instructions to update the firmware are a joke.

Crutchfield has this same unit for $499…for that extra $95 (because shipping is free) , you get lifetime technical support… and 60 day satisfaction guarantee… and a generally good reputation in the A/V industry.

… and you don’t have less then 24 hours to decide.