Onkyo TXNR646 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver

I don’t get it. Onkyo has a 2 year warranty for new products at $430. If you bought this at the price, and got a one year warranty with ST, you would pay $437 for it. Wouldn’t it make more sense to get it new for $429 with a two year warranty. I swear, Woot has the worst ideas for receivers.

Also ONKYO sucks. Terrible customer service as well. I had an ONKYO w/ 1 year warranty, it crapped out on me at 13 months after pretty minimal usage. Bad taste in my mouth for sure.

I bought one from here about 2 years ago. It still works fine. I find that it’s “OK”. I’m going to buy a new one in the next couple of months, but it won’t be an Onkyo. It just seems difficult to work with compared to others, and the power seems over rated. My old 10 year old Sony would blow it away.

So, I already have a 10 year-old receiver and I’m putting together a home theater (5.1 sound built in the walls + HDMI projector). Unfortunately the receiver has no HDMI and I am trying to plug a computer and PS3 in (I have optical out for it). Am I basically boxed in to getting a new amp? I haven’t seen a box yet that can take an HDMI signal and pull out the 5.1 audio track to separate phono outs. Is there such a thing. I also have an older Onkyo as my main entertainment amp and it has always been good to me (age is around 5 years).

Monoprice has an HDMI switcher with optical out that I got for pretty much that same reason
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5557
a little pricey

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear. My problem is that I’m already using the 1 optical input from my PS3. I need to get separate audio outs from the HDMI. That has an audio out, but it’s not 5.1.

I think this is what you’re looking for:
http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-Premium-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00BIQER0E

I used it with my Chromecast and it worked great!

These receivers show two HDMI outputs, will they be able to split the video signal to two displays?

More specifically, I would like to be able to split HDMI input (non HDCP-protected video games) to go to both a capture device and my TV.

I’d also like to retain surround sound for PS4.