Ontario Knife Company RAT1 Knife

That looks like a Rat 1A not a Rat 1. The lock gives it away. The Rat 1 is $35 most places, the Rat 1A is in the ~$50 area. The difference is that the 1A has a lock and has an assisted open feature. I know the blade says Rat 1 but I don’t think that’s what it is.

You may be right. All the RAT 1 blades I searched for don’t look like this. Also all the models I saw had their signature stamp on their blades and this doesn’t. Then searched for the RAT 1a on amazon and found this: https://www.amazon.com/Ontario-Knife-8871-Assisted-Folding/dp/B00I04LXNQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1495694863&sr=1-2&keywords=ontario+rat+1a

That being said, could an admin find out which one we would actually receive if ordered.

~$51 here or ~$44 at the mothership…hmmmmmm

UPDATE

Hi there. We did indeed get the wrong images from our vendor. We’re working to correct the sale.

Also, we are reaching out to customers that already purchased the item. If you have any questions, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

So if that is the wrong image and it is just a RAT 1, that is a HORABLE price. $40 EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME! Come on Woot!

That’s probably the RAT. Here’s the RAT1 on Amazon for $66.99

~$40 is the Rat 1 price every where, and that’s what your post says is Rat 1. Rat is a rodent in singular form, Rat 1 is a knife made by OKC. Now if I look at your picture and get the details from the knife blade (if I can trust your pictures, you’re suspect on that), it says Rat 1 D2 that knife demands a higher price and looks to be a good deal based on the blade steel and the carbon fiber scales. These are the details that need to be in your description: Rat 1 D2, D2 blade steel, carbon fiber scales. You may get more looks at this offering if you put the full model number in the title and put more detail around the products premium features… that is if it’s a D2… suspect.

Come on Woot give me a job… or at least a quality post.

Hey, if I correct the advertising and get you more sales over the next few days, do I get one for free? I think it’s only fair. Deal. More sales means that I was “working” for Woot and should be compensated for my “work”. Deal???

Damn, it sold out before it was cleared up what model exactly it was.