Oo, anonymous hypotheticals are fun: If you were offered a secret $300k BUT you had to secretly authorize your entire team at work to be fired, would you:

Oo, anonymous hypotheticals are fun: If you were offered a secret $300k BUT you had to secretly authorize your entire team at work to be fired, would you:

I work from home alone, so I would be the one getting fired, but it’s cool since I would have 300K to get by on.

11 Likes

The sheer number of Yes votes goes to show how many jerks live in this country.

5 Likes

My team is 2 people. I have no problem taking the money and just giving half to my coworker. We’d both be better off.

7 Likes

I’m retired now, but I had a wonderful boss and a great team. I would NOT sell them out at any price. Friendships mean more to me then that.

5 Likes

Nah… it goes to show what kind of people this generation has become. It has nothing to do with borders.

5 Likes

I actually had a number that was in the 6 figures offered to me 6 or 7 years ago but it would have meant my selling out secrets and private conversations with those in my life who are known names to the public but are friends to me. I couldn’t do that to them at any price, nor look at myself in the mirror and see myself the same way if I had. Their secrets will die with me along with countless other’s as they’re not my secrets or stories to tell.

Yup, I’m that friend. I don’t want my 15 minutes anymore than I want to destroy the lives of others and live with the knowledge I did.

6 Likes

I can see the points about being friends, not selling out, being a jerk… whatever…
I’m not really friends with anyone where I work, plus I work by myself on D-shift in my department, so I wouldn’t miss anyone. And I could use the money, so yeah, I would take it.

4 Likes

I voted no, but more than likely this is just going to happen without anyone getting $300k and without “them” needing my authorization.

2 Likes

I was self contracted, so I’d win if I fired myself. That’s a yes for me to fire myself. :wink:

4 Likes

Having worked in a field where 6 figure salaries were normal, $300k wouldn’t be enough to even think about. I worked with a great team.

3 Likes

(and no, I wouldn’t take it)

10 Likes

Hate to tell you this Mr. Wootbot, but we’re cutting back and you’re on the list.

Feel free to apply here: Brand-name Goods and Produce at Surprising Prices | 99 Cents Only Stores (99only.com)

2 Likes

I was tempted for about a minute, mostly because of this one guy. But then all the stress of heading to deal with all that loss of knowledge, since I’m not about to go get another job and 300,000 is not enough to get me through the rest of my life maybe realize it’s not worth it.

Yes, but I have no team to fire currently and my previous team would have been happy to split the money to be fired, especially since they’d all have been able to collect unemployment.

1 Like

Get it in writing then sue them for more. You are but one cog in the wheel and they will turn on you. Keep friends close!

1 Like

I wouldn’t take it because it is not earned, and a handful are going to be on the dole unnecessarily leaching from the system till who knows when wallowing in their own pity.

I am also not going to impose a holier than thou fictitious moral construct on those who vote opposite me so I can parade my moral superiority on Woot.

“Upgrade your gray matter; one day it may matter”

2 Likes

We’ll, I’m a SAHM. I am the staff. So, yeah, I’d take the cash, fire myself, and get a maid. I also collect social sec. (64)
Does that make sense, or is it a sleep deprived fever dream of an elderly woman with delusions of escape?

1 Like

My “team” is mostly teens who could find a comparable job in a heartbeat, and my immediate supervisor who should have been fired already, so… not a tough choice here.

It also doesn’t say that those fired couldn’t get re-hired. Since it’s hypothetical anyway, I’d add in that condition for the few people I’d be concerned for. Either that, or I could afford to support them for a few months while they get hired somewhere else.

For those of you judging anyone willing to make this decision, consider my answer the next time you’re shopping retail. More of us are a situation like I described than you realize, and this is about what we make in ten years.

6 Likes

While I’d never sell out an entire group of people for a payoff… I am all for pulling a fast one on someone trying to manipulate me. Sure I’ll get my whole team fired - it is made up entirely by myself and my two supervisory cats.

1 Like