Ooma Hub VOIP Phone Device w/ $20 Credit for International Calls

Pic is Hub while description says it is a Telo. For Telo there is a monthly fee and for the Hub it depends: if it was registered (customer registered and then returned) then fees apply; if not, then it has no fee.

In for one. Seems like the perfect deal, for use with an in-home office, that’s trying to save a few bucks. Cheaper phone? I’m in!

Does this one integrate with Google Voice, similar to the previous one on Woot? I know you had to have a premium account, but still. Anybody know?

It is for me, but my internet is also quite fast…

I’ve seen this sold with the Scout. What exactly is the Scout and do you need it if using the Ooma Hub with your own phone?
Some Ooma Hubs are free and some have a monthly fee. Woot fails to specify which one this is. Anyone know? Woot?

Refurbs tend to have the taxes est. to be around $3.50/mo.

Here’s the manual

Ooma Hub Quickstart Guide

Only if you purchase Ooma Premier service.(Google Voice integration)

I should note the power wart is a big old style brick. As a non tech expert I would buy a new style power supply. Those old style ones can dye and kill the device. I’m sure new ones can too, but I trust the newer designs more.

Woot is playing it safe. Not all Hubs have this ~$3.5/mo tax, but it is YMMV. If it was already registered then it has this tax; otherwise, there are no taxes/fees.

Was wondering… if this would work outside US ?
(I could send outside the country, and keep calling the Number over Internet)

YouTube videos:

setup and review

ad at Lgadgets

pro ad/demo

“The Ooma Scout takes all the benefits of your Ooma Hub and extends them to other phone jacks throughout your home. This device allows you to access all that the Ooma Hub has to offer, including voicemail and a second line”
via: Ooma Telo Home Phone - Free VoIP Calls | Ooma Telo

Scout is a remote version that mimics the capabilites of the Hub. Haven’t hooked mine up yet but just recently moved it upstairs closer to where I intend to use it. By the time it’s done it will have taken 3 years from when I bought it (2 years ago).
The Ooma is absolutely fantastic, no complaints at all.
It makes me happy because it really could’ve been awful, just…epic awful. But it wasn’t.

Pays for itself over and over.
Brings quantifiable value to your internet connection.

Since I’m paying less for internet than I was for landline it’s like getting the internet free!!!

HOw is this model different from the previous Woot?

Previous woot:

85%x85%

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Ooma_Telo_VoIP_Home_Phone_Serviceb4oDetail.jpg[/img]

Product name says “hub”. Woot description says “router”. Which one is it?

[STAFF MOD: If you look on the product page linked above, that is the wording directly from their site.]

Oh I do have one small complant about my telo that I got a week ago from woot and that is my cordless phones don’t show call ID on them. This seems to be an issue with ooma that some cordless phones won’t show caller id or call waiting wont work. The new software update was supposed to fix it but hasn’t on my phones. Others on ooma forum also seem to have the same issues with their cordless phones so buyer beware. It’s no big deal for me since it does show caller id on my two other corded phones and on my tv thru my disnetwork box.

so it’s basically free (minus taxes), how is the average sound quality say vs. vonage or cablevision?

JARVIS would never allow it.

Does the caller ID include names?

I tried the “Magic Jack” and it had “caller ID” but it was just the number.

I don’t have all the numbers of every one I know memorized. So, I need the names too.

Does it include the names?

Yes. The only Ooma model that is not subject to taxes is the Ooma Core – which is basically an Ooma Hub and Ooma Scout packaged into one box. This is just the hub; state and local taxes will be required.

But what if you don’t have cable? You’d still need a landline in service to maintain your phone services right?