Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System
$139.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone Service: Free US Calling, Caller ID, Call Waiting, 911, Voicemail

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

this is the model you have to pay tax/fees on, ~$20-35/year

Anyone know how much configuration you have to do? Or is this simply plug and play?

Can someone please dumb this down for me?

What does it do, how is it used, etc.

Feeling like a tech-tard.

VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) takes the signal coming from your phone and converts it to the same signal used by your computer to bring you this web page and other data from the internet.

Can I keep my home phone #?

I have an Ooma, a friend does, my business does, and my parents do. It really is nice to not have to pay a phone bill when the home phone gets used so infrequently these days. This is an outstanding price, too (normally around $200-230 for this model). I highly recommend this over any traditional landline or VoIP service.

Product Website

Interesting…have any details?

4 stars at Amazon

And here I thought this was some kind of fancy griddle.

Now I want pancakes.

Yes. You get a free port with Ooma Premier, or you can port a number without signing up for Ooma Premier for a one time $40 fee.

Unboxing at YouTube

Quick start guide pdf:

Eh, is it just me or is the product’s website not loading?

[MOD: Loads for me]

Bought one off of craigslist. A few hassles getting it to work but well worth it. Went from a 22 dollar local phone bill to a 4 dollar phone bill that allows me to call anywhere in the us. Will pay for itself in about 6 months. Call quality is good and the wife uses it just like the old land-line. The phone companies may go the way of the tower record and blockbuster.

cnet review

A NON-FREE device that works like MagicJack or other Voice Over IP stand alones. This seems to have some cool features, and their is no plan needed to make free calls, BUT you do have to pay taxes (as is shown in the description) Taxes amounted to about $5/mo in my zip code. YMMV.

On the tech side, make sure you have enough data rate, specially on the upstream or it will get garbled, staticky, drop out or just plain can’t hear the other person at all.

I paid $199 at Radio Shack 1 yr ago. I Love it. As long as you have high speed internet, It works great. I waited 1 month to port my home number. Now I call FREE!