Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System
$139.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System: Free US Calling, Caller ID, Call Waiting, 911, Voicemail

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Previous Woot

around $200 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Ooma-Telo-Free-Phone-Service/dp/B002O3W4LE

Amazon offered this unit + $50 Amazon Gift Card for $200 with free shipping about 2 months ago, and that was a new unit, not a refurbished. I guess this deal is not hot enough for me to pull the trigger.

That’s the NEW price. These are refurbs. But the one I got last time from WOOT was every bit as new.

Purchased this last time. Fantastic system saving me lots of money over Vonage!

Anyone know if it assigns you a phone number with your local area code?

Yeah it’s refurbished, but 4.5 star average on Buzzillions is pretty dang good.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/ooma-telo-voip-phone-system-bundle-reviews

Yes. Pick your area code, local or not.

Wonder how long these will last - any bets? Refurb direct from Ooma are $199.99.

Wow, these things are getting cheaper and cheaper. On the other hand, they’re also getting more and more expensive, on the “fee” side. I’m locked in at $11.75 a year (neener neener neener), so I’m happy. I think new adopters will pay around $40 a year. The thing works great. Glad we got it, because we just moved into a condo that requires us to have some type of phone, in order to buzz people in through the front gate (such as the UPS, Fedex guy, or friends). We use it with one of those Uniden 4 handset refurbs that Woot sold a few years ago for around $50 or so.

It looks kinda like an iPad, but isn’t…

The preferred home system of E.T.

I got one of these last time they were on woot and I couldn’t be happier. No more phone company and I pay 3.47$ a month for phone service. This product does everything they say it does. I highly recommend.

most times, check their web site

See, I told you he was back,…

You specify your area (or the area where you want a number - specify area code and prefix), and you pick one of the numbers it offers in that area.

Or you can port your existing number, if you are in an area that’s supported - $39.99 alone or free with a year sub to Premier.

Ack, sorry, no. Tried this same model three months ago. They have not conquered the half-duplex problem where one person is talking and they can’t hear the other person at the same time.

Also, tech support was comical. 1st, of course, “your connection looks fine to us.” 2nd, “can you take this to a friends house where they have dsl or cable?” No, its against my religion to have friends. Besides, your speed tests say it should work here. 3rd, “you can send this unit back to us and buy another.” Seriously? Why don’t I pay for ten, then you credit me back for nine a few weeks from now?

If you know someone with Ooma, test it out - both of you play music loud enough to hear on the other end. If one of you can’t hear some dulcet tones, you may have an issue. I’d love for this to work, qwest SUCKS!! But the echo suppression technology comes at a price. Careful be you.