Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System

I have AT&T for my dsl, long distance (unlimited) iphones and ipad, so I’m trying to figure out why I would need this and how it could save me money. I get that I wouldn’t have the long distance call charges, but I’d have to keep the ATT line to plug this into, right? I’m confused…

Just bought this the other day. Ubber excited to try it out.

have 5 units in service, world great internationally… better than that 35.99 month vonage crap

I don’t get the purpose of a home phone. Wife, kids, and I aren’t getting rid of our mobile phones, so why spend money on this? I just don’t get it.

Can you use this line to send and receive faxes?

I’ve had Ooma for well over a year now and have been nothing but pleased with the service. Absolutely no complaints. However, I have the older unit, not the this current one.

WoW. I’m done. This site used to be cool but with all the other sites, and the offers they do…done after several years. It’s like the stock market, you ride it low, float the mid but when it is really tanking…you’re out.

Ooma Ooma bo Booma,
Banana Fanna fo Fooma,
Me My mo Mooma,
Ooma!

Trust a veteran of many woot-offs: be thankful you can’t spend much right now :slight_smile:

I’m with you. If you have a family plan on att all calls to cell phones are free, free weekends, free nights, I have 5 phones, and am still lowering my calling plans. I can’t remember a time when I monitored minutes. Land lines are dead.

I bought one in January to replace my malfunctioning Vonage VOIP unit. Ooma works great for us. It was easy to set up and has a a nice “hear the message directly from the unit” when you don’t feel like accessing messages from a phone or from the emailed recordings. The sound quality is wonderful. The monthly price is minimal. So there’s not much to not like. The only downside is that if your power goes out, so does your 911 capability. But, that’s true for all VOIP units unless you have backup power. Get One! Quick!!!

We love our Ooma. We have been saving $50 a month for the past two years over our old land line, plus we get free long distance. The voice clarity is superb, and we can actually understand the messages on the voice mail. We only pay $3.50 a month for federal taxes. If you are willing to pay $10 a month, you get tons of cool services.

We also tossed our $60 a month Verizon cell phone and replaced it with a TracPhone. 5 cents a minute and 3 text messages for 5 cents. My wife spends less than $10 a month on this phone. Awesome!

I remember this description from the last woot-off. I still think it’s brilliant.

How does this work?

Yes this sold out 3 days ago…

And now they have more inventory???

WTF???

I have a friend who wanted to buy one and it was gone…

Does WOOT have that many people that BALK on their orders???

I hate these woot-offs. I was waiting for this to come up, then I miss it due to real life getting in the way. booooo. maybe it will come up again?

Probably, this is at least the 4th time I’ve seen it here on Woot.

Who knows how Woot works. Maybe they set aside a few just for the Woot-Off.

Now that we have extolled the virtues of Ooma…

I think it is actually down…

My phone is down…

The Web site is down…

I think it melted temporalily…First time in a year…Oh well…

NOOOOOOOO!!! Why oh why have you forsaken me Woot Gods?

Dear life02,

There are plenty of ways to communicate to the outside world now-a-days through texting, emailing, and even video chatting. You chose to do it semi-old school by purchasing the Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System to actually TALK to someone over the phone. Unfortunately, we had to cancel and refund your order because we do not have enough in stock to send. It appears we got a little scatterbrained during the Woot-Off and we ended up miscounting the number of systems we had in stock. We’ve issued the coupon code XXXXXXXXX for $5 off your next order on any of our sites.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

Can I still buy this for this price? And if so how?