OPINION WANTED

The outside door in the new addition will be a six panel white door. The pocket door. Should it also be a six panel white or a six panel match the wall color or a wood door as are the other interior doors in the house even though none of them are in a line of sight?

White facing the dining room; wall color on opposite side.

Thanks. That will be all one color, so no problem there.

did someone say opinion wanted?

my first instinct -
same as wall color. it’s less intrusive.

Unless it’s an exceptional door with stunning architectural elements in a very large room, I think the less contrast between door and wall the better.

some ???’s that may help future opinions :wink:
how large and/or bright is/are the room(s)?
what are the purposes of rooms?
will they be opened often?

enjoy your new addition : )

enlarging the dining room, the new part will be 12x16. Behind the dining room (hence the pocket door) will be a laundry room. Color will be peach, has huge windows. Many regulars know this because I’ve been going on about it ad nauseam.

Thanks for your input.

On second thought, if the pocket door will be access to just the laundry room, then I agree with t’restless and it should be painted room color to deemphasize it.

For some reason it never occurred to me before the contractor mentioned it that it would be a six-panel door. I’ve always thought of pocket doors as plain.

White

The new thing is colored walls with white trim.

Well, if it’s paneled . . . and they frame the doorway, I’d go with the same color as the exterior door - prolly a white semi-gloss interior exterior latex.

OPINIONS!!! I HAVE OPINIONS!!! I LOVE GIVING OPINIONS, THEY ARE MY FAVORITE THING TO GIVE!

Me tooo - but most people don’t appreciate them-especially the unsolicited variety!