Oppo 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Oppo 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI, for $99.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Oppo 1080p Up-Converting DVD Player (HDMI) DV-981HD

What do you want to do ?[list][]Access the price comparator for Oppo 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
[
]Lookup at Froogle, Amazon and eBay in one click[/list]http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

awesome deal about 220 at amazon, i have heard good things about this player
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000LU8A7E/km-20/ref=nosim

longest list of features I have ever seen here… lol.

Wow! These are legendary as the best looking dvd players (picture quality) around, they have the best upconverting as well! $229 on amazon.com too, what a deal! I wish I wasn’t dirt poor.

I own an Oppo DV-970HD player and am VERY pleased with it. It only upconverts to 1080i, but that works out because my LCD TV isn’t 1080p.

I would highly recommend this brand based on my experience. Awesome performance, picture, and price in one package. If my TV supported 1080p I would jump all over this!

Enjoyed the story woot. But I’m afraid possibly buying an Alive player is a risk i cant bring myself to take ><

they sell a phillips dvd player that has all these features plus a usb port at best buy for 60 bucks, but I don’t know this brand the upscaling may be better. I really love the usb port though for playing divx files in the living room away from my pc.

my Olevia in 1080i…will this work?

Never heard of Oppo, but I guess they are legit.

A hundred bucks isn’t a very good deal for an upconverting DVD player. I’ve seen several that do the same things in Costco for around 75 bucks. Does this upconvert the DivX format too? I’d honestly expect a better deal from Woot.

I have to post it and laugh back at music a decade or so ago…

Are you down with “O.P.P.” ?

(not sure what to do with the other O)

Great deal. A lot of my co-workers all have one model or another of Oppo and love them. They only seem to replace them with newer models when they can afford to. So tempted, but it’s neither near my birthday or Father’s day…

Oppo is one of the best players you can get. For those of you thinking it’s some cheap no frills brand, think again. Just go to www.avsforum.com and read some of the reviews.

Oppo players use the Faroudja DCDi chipset to do their deintelacing/upscaling and they do a hell of a good job. Much better then the Sigma chipsets found in the big brand upconverting players like Toshiba., Philips, etc.

An Oppo 1080p player w/ DCDi is the way to go if you have a new HDTV and are looking for the best upscaling player without shelling out hundereds for an Onkyo or Denon model (which also use the same Faroudja chipset)!

If I didn’t already have two of these, I would be wooting tonight as well!

An Oppo player will outperform almost any store bought Upconverting DVD player. And yes, they do upscale Divx/Xvid as well, which is one of the best features. I load CD’s with divx movies and pop them in there, and I dont have to worry about pixelation on the larger screen!

NIce dvd player, is this a bit pricy even for a upconverting player?

If only more universal remotes had Oppo codes. Until then, you have to put up with the awful remote that comes with.

I think Honda/Acura followed Oppo’s remote design with their latest interiors. Lotsa buttons, can’t find anything.

OPPO is one of the best DVD makers out there right now.
This is a steal.
I’d buy this if I didn’t already own it.

U can’t afford 1080p? Too bad,but yes.

I already use a ps3 to play my movies. Would this give me a better image on standard dvds though?

Seconded! I own a DV-970HD myself. Anyone who needs a 1080p upconverter should pick this up!