Optimum Optoma Projector Options

HD66 is 456 new at amazon with free prime shipping, and its brand new with a warranty thats worth the 20’ish dollars to me…

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD66-Lumens-Theater-Projector/dp/B002ZWU33U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374707485&sr=8-1&keywords=optoma+hd66

We don’t specify a certain number of hours, but we test the lamp brightness to ensure its in the proper range. If its dim, it gets replaced. So some of the refurbs do have new lamps, and the other ones are in the normal brightness range.

It’s based on brightness, not hours. The lamp counter can be reset by the end user, so we can’t always tell how many hours are on a lamp when a projector is refurbished. And some lamps have already been changed by the end user, so again there we can’t always know the hours on a lamp in a projector being refurbished.

When a customer buys a refurb, they are getting a great deal with a low price, so the only way for them to guaranty getting a new lamp is to buy a new projector.

I hope this helps.

The MT300 is the same thing as an HD66 if you are looking for reviews.

I got a 8200. It is a nice projector but started failing right when I set it up. Looks like it was overheated at some point before it was reconditioned. Shows noisy vertical lines on one side of the screen from time to time, more often when lamp is set to high.

I dont think Optoma is doing a very good job checking these while reconditioning them. It is going back.