Optoma 2800Lm 1080p Full 3D Home Theater Projector

NewEgg Reviews
Product Page

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/827dc2aa-2d07-4413-b7d5-cd5edbab2f64.jpg

Optoma 2800Lm 1080p Full 3D Home Theater Projector
Price: $649.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jun 16 to Tuesday, Jun 17) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://www.woot.com/offers/optoma-2800lm-1080p-full-3d-home-theater-projector-4) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Optoma 2800Lm 1080p Full 3D Home Theater Projector) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Optoma - Google Shopping 2800Lm 1080p Full 3D Home Theater Projector)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/15/2014 - $649.99 - 10 comment(s)

5/22/2014 - $649.99 (Woot Plus)
5/13/2014 - $649.99 (Woot Plus)

I have the Optoma HD20, which I bought a few years ago and is still going strong. This one has a bit more brightness (2800 vs 1800) than mine and is slightly more compact. I would imagine that anyone looking for a solid projector experience would be very happy with this.

A handful of perfect reviews over at bhphotovideo.com and check out this thorough review over at trustedreviews.com

I can definitely say first hand that this projector is pretty awesome. I just purchased this same deal from Woot about a month or so ago and have since then had many a movie/game night. The brightness is very strong and I’m even able to watch it during the day in a window lit room, although ideal conditions are somewhere with blinds and curtains available.
The latency is super low, so this is actually a great projector to game on, which I have done plenty of. I can’t speak to the life is the bulb since I just got mine, but I imagine that I’ll get some hours out of it as long as I keep my 15 hour game sessions to a minimum.
Contrast is great, so the blacks seem very rich in 1080p. I have seen some reviews about corner bluring, but I have yet to see this issue. There are plenty of settings that allow you to tweak your viewing experience, which helps to fine tune the small details.
My only issue with it so far is the lack of digital audio output. The built in speakers are fine, but no want more and it only has a single RCA line out for the audio out, which seems a little outdated for this machine. Projectors are meant to be used with a great big screen and some awesome surround sound, but leaving you to run the audio individually from each device is a pain. One digital audio out from the back of the projector would be great.
Either way, I give it a 5 of 5 and definitely recommend this at this price!

Why would you even bother using speakers in this? Let alone feed audio through it to others? It’s usually more sensible to plug your devices into an AV Receiver to drive your speakers. Then just run only video to the projector.

Putting any sort of audio pass-through function into the projector (or TV for that matter) only complicates things. As then you have to deal with possible issues with audio formats not being handled correctly. That and it adds cost.

I bought this last time it was offered as well. It replaced an 8 year old Panasonic 720p that I thought still looked great until I put this up! I had to move my ceiling mount back about 18" to get the correct throw distance, but that wasn’t a huge deal. The picture is great with plenty of output for a room with some ambient light. Mine is in my basement and on the morning with light coming in the sliding glass door, it can gets little washed out, even in bright mode. Not a lot and not a deal breaker, just worth mentioning. For comparison I couldn’t even use the Panasonic at the same time of day, so this is a big improvement. In a dark room, even eco mode provides plenty of brightness. This is one of the best projectors you can get for under $1,500. At this price it’s a great deal. Don’t hesitate if you are on the fence. I have this, the Onkyo 626 from another woot, a homemade 117" screen from carls place and in wall speakers from monoprice running a 5.1 system with a 15 year old Aiwa subwoofer. All in for less than $1,500 and it competes with setups costing many thousands more.

Hmm. You can get this same projector new, with full 1 year warranty from Amazon for $777.99 and it comes with a $50 Amazon GC, making it effectively a $75 savings to go with this refurb unit- and even less if you decided to add some kind of warranty. Not really worth it to pick it up here vs new IMHO.

Optoma HD HT pjs are great. Had 23 and 33 models, both bang for the buck.

But if you care about deep blacks when watching stunning sci-fi movies, get model with variable iris. I got one (HD83) and it blew my socks out.

All non iris dlp pjs are mostly too bright for typical living room but great for dark wall man cave. Mind that when buying advertized model because this one is also pretty bright so your favorite scenes with dark skies may look grey like hazy break of day in New England.

These type of issues are posted by folks who have no idea how HT works or how it can be effectively wired.

Two things to remember when using projectors. You are ALWAYS better off to darken your room and use the bulb on low power. The highest power setting will only give you a fraction of the promised bulb life. But, if you are OK with periodically putting out $150-$250, then go for it, I say…The second thing is that these things are NOT made to be audio sources. You are much better off to just think of them as a GREAT monitor and get your audio from your source device. They are at their best when used with a home theater with a receiver and switcher for inputs. It is kind of like most of us shy away from listening to our TV speakers…But as always, YMMV

Owned this since last November, it replaced an HD20 that had an electrical short and caught fire. Man am I glad it did!! I loved the HD20 but this one blew it away on the brightness. Except for very dark night scenes having all the lights on in the room is no bother. I also broke down and got 1 pair of OEM RF 3D glasses and man I was sold, ordered another 3 pairs it does 3D great.

I need a throw ratio >= 4. Does this have interchangeable lenses? Or can you suggest a projector with such a throw ratio?

Then I have to buy an AV receiver.

Awesome