Optoma Digital DLP Projector

The new 10 bit color processing technology increases the number colors that can be display from 134.2 million to 1.07 billion

I’ve done some experimenting on my own, and honestly, I can’t see much of a difference once you get above about 126.3 million colors. In fact, I’d say most people have a hard time seeing the differnece between 123 million and 124 million colors. I mean, at some point, you just gotta say,“That’s enough crayons. Now what’s on TV?”

Did anyone notice the section on “What’s in the box?” -

In the box:

Optoma DLP Playtime Projector PT105
Power Adapter
Composite RCA Cable

The PT105 is NOT what’s pictured OR advertised… dunno what that means, but it means something!

These are easy to mount from the ceiling, but does anyone have a suggestion to mount a cable box from the ceiling next to it that can swivel?

Assuming I had a ceiling that could swivel, why would I want to mount a cable box next to it?

In the title it says: Optoma Digital DLP Projector ES526X and where it lists what comes in the box it says: Optoma DLP Playtime Projector PT105. Which is it?

I am hopining it’s the Optoma Digital DLP Projector ES526X listed in the title and not the Playtime version mentioned on the spec sheet. The photo looks like the 526 though. I have an older projector that I haul to a lot of service club meetings for presentations, works better than relying on the hotel or office to have one. This one looks lighter plus has speakers.

I’m hoping it’s the one in the title and the photo!

I’ve got one a couple notches up the model ladder with WXGA 1280x768, and it works great for projecting documents and such in a large lighted classroom. This one would be plenty bright, but would probably not make a clear image of documents for a large room. PowerPoint with big letters would be fine. This would be useful in a large conference room, I would guess.