Optoma HD 1080P Home Theater Projector

I’m hoping to get one of these in my Bag o’ Carp

Product Website

If its the same as the HD20, its a great projector. And I’m pretty sure its the same. Maybe 9x better?

Does it come with something to project onto?

1.07 Billion colors? I can already taste the rainbow!

At least it doesn’t look like Wall-E.

Here’s the manual

Only 30 days on the bulb? Not confident in their own product are they?

Previous Woot

Price looks good, amazon has it for 2x the price http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD180-Definition-Theater-Projector/dp/B003Y06L1A

AVS Forum has a nice discussion about this projector which is apparently a stripped down (not much) version of the Optoma HD20 widely available at Costco. Users say quiet fan and no rainbow artifacts among other praise.

It’s worth noting that there is no audio support at all on this projector. Make sure you have your own audio setup before replacing your TV with it.

$1,399.95 + $18.45 shipping at Amazon

Retrevo

I can’t find any expert reviews for this model. Here are some for a couple of other models, just to give some idea about the company:

HD20 - closest match

HD20 at PCmag

HD20 at projector central

HD20 YouTube review video

HD65 at TestFreaks

HD80 at Projector Central

They may not have a review of the HD180 at Projector Central, but you can input the model into this Projection Calculator and answer questions such as “Will your projector fit the available space? What about your screen? What about seating and room lighting?”

Awesome price. Bought this last Christmas (for about a grand) instead of purchasing a $500-600 replacement bulb for my InFocus. It’s very lightweight, cools down in about 15 seconds, and presents a lovely HD picture.

Its Christmas night and I’m too lazy to research this myself: how do the Lumens (brightness) and noise level stack up to competition? Enquiring minds want to know.

HD180 vs HD20 (It’s closest comparison) statistics comparison at Pure Projectors

Does this mean my View Master is obsolete?

Is this supposed to be better than my “World’s Crappiest Projector”? Cause it’s one fine machine. If anyone who buys todays woot would like to trade evenly for my fine projector let me know.