Optoma PK102 Pico Pocket Projector

Yes it works with Mac and has a 1.5 hour Li ion battery. May make it through an entire movie.

where do my pens go?

I’m sorry but junk.

You need to have lived in a cave for month for this thing to look brilliant. It’s a glorified flashlight projector…

really gimmicky…

Yes.

With optional adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-Upgrade-Kit-for-iPod/dp/B002QQ3UL2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299823720&sr=8-3

$32.23

$149 at CompGeeks:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PK102-R&cpc=SCH

I heard somewhere that these things used to cost around $6K? Like, is that 4 real??

I would never trust a projector manufacturer that doesn’t publish ANSI lumens.

Is this compatible with my Pocket Protector? Will my protector keep my projector safe from pen leakage?

apparently there is an iphone/ipod adapter retails for $39.

When playing pocket pool, it will make it look more impressive.

HVGA 480x320? Yikes!

My phone has three times that resolution. The TV I watched growing up in the sixties had double that resolution.

And yet, somehow, I still want one…

480 x 320
No thank you!

I have used a bunch of these pico projectors. 20 lumens is bright enough for decent 50" screen in a really dark room , but the low resolution (480 x 320) totally kills it. All the other ones are 640 x 480 which is the minimum needed for a decent picture.

I think the minimum for most uses is 20 lumens and VGA resolution.

( The best deal is the Radioshack (Gigaware) pico projector now on clearance if you can find it for $99, which has 20 lumens, a lithium battery, and VGA Resolution for a very decent picture in a dark room. It comes with a combo VGA/ A/V Cable and a mini tripod (no case). It does not have internal memory or a slot but the included A/V cable has female connectors and can connect to anything you’ve got. )

if this was in HD i’d buy 11 of them.

NEEEEEEEERRRRDS!

Oh, sorry… I thought it said ‘pocket protector’. My bad.

bummer to hear some of the comments. I was planning on using this as a “sleeping in bed projector on the ceiling display.” Granted my room would be dark, but if it has to be really dark to get good variances between colors and see blacks…sigh

I’ve never heard of a pocket projector before - the concept is SO cool! I’ll wait until they perfect it, though… 10 lumens isn’t enough!

Visual quality aside, this thing has no audio output, meaning that you have to rely on its built-in speaker for sound. The sound volume that comes out of this tiny projector is abysmal.

The most usable combination for movie watching is Pico for video + headphones plugged into your portable source (iPod, Touch, cell phone, netbook, etc) for sound.

If you’re planning on using this to watch movies on a wall, I would look elsewhere. The Pico is best suited for showing off pictures or slideshow presentations, i.e., soundless stuff.

Froogle

With a native resolution half that of VGA (320x480) I’d imagine that any type of text displayed on this would have to be in a very large font to be clear at all.

Think of it this way, those tiny screens on 10" netbooks typically have 1024x600 pixels - 614,400 total. This thing has 1/4th that many (153,600 total) so imagine taking 1/4th of a 10" netbook screen and blowing it up. Not going to be very satisfactory for text.