Optoma Projectors

Any reassurance about the life of the LEDs? I know they should last 20,000 hours, but some tech-loving exec could’ve had a PowerPoint running 24/7 and used 8 or ten thousand hours of the life…

Any chance the LEDs were replaced?

Even if they run 24/7, it would still take 2.28 years for the LEDs to burn out.

How many hours of use on the MT300 lamp? Is this the same as the HD66 - few forums mention that but HD66 is 2500 lum. Also any view on how the MT300 compares with the Epson 710HD?

As far as the Lamp Life (listed in the Specs tab on the sale):

Lamp Life and Type: 4000/3000 Hours (STD/bright)

I meant to ask if the lamps are brand new and if not then how many hours of use would they already have on them…
Also - what’s the diff b/w reconditioned and refurbished?

The lamp life should last as long as it’s listed in the sale.

In answer to your question:

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse to returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checked past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

So all lamps will have 0 hours usage on shipping?
Don’t mean to be asinine but the reply seemed slightly ambiguous.

No, no worries. I really can’t speak on behalf of the the refurbishing process, but usually when a company restores and reconditions products they customarily replace all the parts with new/unused ones.

I can inquire with the buyer about this, but the lamp life advertised should be equally compared to that of a new/unused model.

You’re also welcome to contact Optoma USA Customer Support and inquire about their refurbishing/reconditioning standards.

I hope this information has been helpful.

So, I bought the Optoma Professional Travel Projector PK301 about 2 years ago.

As far as the lamp goes, its great. Bright enough to use even outdoors after the sun goes down.

But the rest of the unit is crap. From the beginning the batteries never lasted longer than about 45 seconds. I am not exaggerating, I have literally never used this thing with out being plugged in to mains power. Optoma even mailed me a second battery, and both batteries are dead in 45s to 60 seconds.

My fan is going bad. It buzzes really loud about half the time it is on.

Now, the power supply is starting fail. The power on button is not working. Sometimes it just does not turn on.

If the thing worked, I would give it 5 out of 5 stars. As it seems to fail with in days of the warranty expiring, 2 out of 5 stars. I expected this thing to last 4 or 5 years. It might not make it 2 years.

Okay so I usually never comment but I feel like I should say something.

Stay away from the Pico projectors.
I used to (thankfully its in the past) work for a big electronics company and I would like to estimate about 120% (meaning people brought them back from other locations) were returned :stuck_out_tongue:
This was majorly battery life, but the quality isnt really on point. I love woot, but stay away from those :slight_smile:

Small projectors in general dont seem to viable. But to each their own. Thats all I had to say.

I’ve had the NEO-I for about 3 years and now the new Neo-I replacement (150 lumen) LED and uhh…i’ve never had a single issue. Not sure about their others, I’ve never bought a refurbished projector, it seems silly as the 1800-3000 lumens no way have bulb replacements, would cost the maker too much.

Is there really ANY difference between Optoma GT200 All-in-One GameTime Portable LED Gaming & Home Theater Projector and the Optoma GT200 150 Lumen WVGA LED Projector with Apple 30-Pin Dock

all I saw was the the 150 lumen wvga came with a CD rom manual…

the specs seem EXACTLY the same so help please really thinking about buying one :l I know its only 10 dollars difference but CMON HALP