OQO Ultra Portable PC Model 01+ w/ Windows XP Tablet

Some portable pricing info…

SecretPrices … $1499

Froogle

There must be a market for these things because I’ve seen them popping up more and more at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. But I’m not sure I really understand the purpose… They seem too big and expensive for a PDA and too small for a laptop. I’d rather spend the $700 or $800 on a laptop with the same specs and a 15" screen instead… If someone can explain it to me, go for it!

nice but the newer ones are better like the samsung sony and asus ones. sammy has a 7 inch screen same price on woot too. 800x600 not crappy x480 like this one

Apparently there has been some success running Linux on this thing…but, it is still to expensive for me…

Only UP to 3 hours of battery time…not so good… other comperable pcs have at least 4 hours +…

MAYBE for about half the price…
“Graphics: 3D accelerated with 8mb video RAM” sucks too…
I’ll stick w/ my $10 PSP from Stootsi’s Box of Fun!

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/12/06/oqo_model_02/

recent post about this item. seems like a fair price, but about to be replaced by a newer model?

It will run Office? on a 5 inch screen? browse the internet on 5 inches??? Not sure I get it even if it does run my apps on a non x86 cpu.

“up to” 3 hours? 3 hours is bad enough, but you can cut that in half.

And “b” wifi?

Why wouldn’t you get a PowerPC PDA instead, for half the price?

The company I work for has looked at these and a couple of other mini-type PC’s and the main problem with the Transmeta-based systems has been that they were a little slow and produced a great deal of heat (which was a little suprising).

Can’t deny the neato factor though…

This is an awesome price for this wonderful gadget. I would get one for myself if I had the money. If you travel quite a bit, the you’ll seriously love this, esp. at this price.

Yes, just put $799.99 towards a vacation budget and you will survive a " beating from the kids."

Because this thing gives you access to viruses and spyware, just like every other Windows box.

No thanks. Goodnight…

550???
non are selling for that price. Not even close
a used one is going for $900+ and it still have around 10 hours left
Ebay link

very cool, i’ll get one when they are $200
right now, this cost more than the full size p4 ibm laptop i’m using…

I’ve played with one of these for an extended period of time.

I don’t know if I’d say its worth 800 bucks. It has a high novelty factor, sure, but it also has some annoyances; for one thing, the fan is a fairly noisy little thing, and its on almost constantly. It can also start to get worryingly warm after constant use.

I’m in two minds as to whether or not to recommend it. I guess you should ask yourself what you’d really be using it for. For me, it’s proved useful – I connected a GPS to it, and was able to use Street & Trips 2005 on it.

19th Worst Tech Product of All Time:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,125772-page,5/article.html

Some better pics and technical description to answer some of your questions:

http://dynamism.com/oqo/main.shtml?gclid=CJOY9cDOyIkCFQn7YgodaTzpRQ

That bad lady!!! I knew she wasn’t out looking for tomato paste. what? my dell laptop isn’t good enough for her anymore? I guess it’s true what they say size doesn’t matter. Well i hope she can use google maps on that thing to find directions to a motel for her and her new toy. cuz i aint lettin that thing in my house. Oh and by the way i cannot stand her friggin meatloaf.