Oreck RU41T XL Signature Plus II

I’ve had my Oreck since the summer of 2002. About a month ago it started to crap out and I figured out the wooden roller/brushes were worn out. Went down to the store and got a new roller and base plate for $70, and the guy put it in for me in about 5 minutes. The new base plate has larger wheels than the old one did (which had wheels the size of a stack of 2 or 3 quarters). I should have had it worked on earlier, as it now literally pulls itself along on bare floors. Moves great on carpet too. The more complicated the machine, the more easily it can break and the heavier it is. These vacs are the opposite of complicated.

Had I known Woot was going to have this one up for sale, I would have bought it instead of parts for the old one, but oh well.

I need a vacumn that has an easy to remove base plate, where it an pop off and the beater bar thing can pop out to remove long hair and also change that small belt. I can’t find any in the stores anymore- they all have a bunch of long screws to remove, that is too time consuming. Does this vacumn have that feature?

I’m in! Orecks are the BEST! I had an Oreck for years. When it died, we got a bagless Bissell that got near perfect reviews on several sites. Emptying the bagless is too messy and disgusting. The vac weighs a ton. My house is a mess because I don’t want to vacuum using this crappy 18 lb upright.

the baseplate is 5 screws to remove, but you can easily remove most hair without taking the plate off just cut it fromt he roller and pull.

As for this price, Well it really makes the people that own Oreck Stores very unhappy, As I personally do own and operate a store, This price is cheaper than the franchise stores can purhcase them from oreck wholesale. Dont think you will find a better price. And by the way these units are most likely brand new. Oreck simply slaps reman stickers on them so they dont depreciate there new machines value. I think I will pick up 3 and sell them in the store for a small profit. Thanks woot!

Ive had the same oreck for over 10 years. it works great. light weight and picks up everything. Get it.

I am now a new owner of an Oreck. I bought this because my wife and I own a Eureka that weighs about 25 lbs. Lugging it up and down the stairs is a nightmare. Both my In-laws and my parents have Orecks and they wouldn’t own any other vacuum. Thanks Woot!

I have four flights of stairs. Can anyone vouch for this regarding stair cleaning? I notice there are no attachments. Thanks much

Also: The stairs and all rooms in the house are hardwood with the exception of the bedrooms (carpet)

My 70 year old parents have stairs and the width of their Oreck fits perfectly to the depth of their stairs. It’s light and easy enough for them to maneuver.

Will of the “XL” bags fit?