Oregon Scientific CF8410 HEPA Air Purifier

Oregon Scientific CF8410 HEPA Air Purifier

“List Price” at the mothership is $89.99, while the current sales price is $59.95. Not a big deal but some consistency would be nice.

The bigger issue is replacement filters cost more ($38.99) than the unit does here. Might as well order three and throw them out when “full”.

2 Likes

“List Price” at the mothership is $89.99, while the current sales price is $59.95. Not a big deal but some consistency would be nice.

$237 on newegg!!!

In case anyone wants to see the filter https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-Purifier-Replacement-Filter/dp/B078W5X2K6

Size: 12.7” L x 7.3” W x 16” H This unit i OK, but pretty small. The photos are bit deceptive. Read the specs on the square footage it covers.

1 Like

Generally these Chinese/Korean units are sold with a variety of brand names. My Wooted bigger units (I have three) want you to buy THEIR brand but AMZ has generic ones that are an exact fit. I suspect with a bit of searching, you will also find ones for this unit that are cheaper.

Hey! We’re lower than their list price. If we raised it, people would then complain that we were inflating MSRP/list prices. Can’t win.

1 Like

The bigger issue is replacement filters cost more ($38.99) than the unit does here. Might as well order three and throw them out when “full”.

That’s literally the same business model used by printer manufacturers, game consoles and countless other products. The base unit is cheap, the useable cartridge/ink/filter/whatever is the expensive part. Nothing unique about this.

1 Like