Orka Plus Silicone Oven Mitts – 2 Pack

Hurray! I will need house and kitchen furnishings in a few months… may as well start now! thanks woot!

Bah! too late! Yeah, the OveGloves were awesome. Tasty too, apparently…

umm wtf

I tried purchasing these months ago when it was just the regular(non-lined variety). Fortunately, they accepted my order and then didn’t have enough stock so I got a $5 coupon instead.

So basically I get the higher quality mitts with free shipping!

Bought these from WOOT! about a month ago ~ just bought one set for my son. They are great ~ easy to clean ~ no more cloth mitts with food stains looking gunky.

Does the raspberry taste like raspberry?

Amazon is $16.65 - $20.94 for one mitt/liner, plus shipping (http://www.amazon.com/OrkaPlus-A82308-Silicone-Cotton-Lining/dp/B003V8AMF6). Google Shopping average is $15 for one mitt/liner (orka plus silicone oven mitt - Google Shopping). Definitely a good deal here.

I also have a kevlar mitten, which I love, but for completely different reasons. That glove trades dexterity for protection of sorts. For example, spill hot water on the kevlar glove and presto, you have a burn.

Different tool for different purpose. Besides, you need at least two oven handlers around the kitchen anyway.

I’m actually really happy with these. They grip very well with almost no heat transfer

Be aware that if your hands are big then you can easily blow out the seams in these. Of the four I got last week I’ve already blown out two of them when a friend with particularly big mitts used them at a community BBQ.

I’ve got a pair of the older model. Very stiff. My son uses them to handle his pet iguana. I’ve ordered these for me to use in the kitchen. The more flexible design coupled with the cotton liner sounds like it will be a winner.

but i want blue-raspberry

Ewwww…

Got a pair of black ones in the last woot-off. My husband likes them, as far as I can tell. He’s the cook. I’d buy them again. We don’t need a 2nd set though, so I’ll save my money for a BOC!

Got these last time they were on Woot! Love them. So does the wife. In fact she said she might even start trying to cook just so she has an excuse to use them!

wishful thinking

One thing to note - these are absolutely freakin’ HUGE mitts. They’re almost a foot long (11") and 5 inches wide. It’s like wearing a pair of extra-large swim fins on your hands. Even Rachael Ray’s disturbingly large man hands don’t need oven mitts this size. You can practically bake a batch of cookies on the surface of the mitt.

Ha ha, I get it!

I want these but I know my roommates will find a way to lose and/or destroy them…

We got these in black at the last woot-off. They are awesome. I had to handle a specialty cake pan for several minutes straight out of the oven and they never got hot.

Also, gave them as a gift for a baby shower and got a lot of jealous squeals and oohs.

I have some of these. Sometimes the little rubber ridges in the gripping area make it hard to hold stuff. A tight grip is definitely necessary.