Orpheus Wines Red Over Heels Blend (4)

Stelvin closures certainly have come a long way and most of what I mentioned came from a blind side-by-side study I participated in with a Sauvignon Blanc and the results we had were as I mentioned. Though the main reasons we don’t use them is because of the limited reusability and the special equipment needed.

The vegetal characters I’m referring to are more on the pea shoot side, caused by reductive aging amongst other factors.

Sulfur in wines and SO2 are natural by products of fermentation as well as H2S from sulfur containing amino acids these bind in various ways during fermentation and aging to form mercaptans, think propane smell and the like.

I’m not saying screw caps are a bad closure or the under such are bad. We just have our own particular needs for a closure. Reduction of materials, ease of use, sustainability and aesthetics.

Cheers!

Can we get past the closure and have additional discussion about the grapes, processes and wine?

Happily,
We source only from family vineyards in a fifty mile radius. We find that family vineyards share our concern about their environmental impact. The merlot and petite sirah are both from Mendocino and the Cabernet Franc is from Rutherford, hence the north coast AVA. We only use organic materials excepting SO2 of course. No ones found a good replacement for that yet. Although, I’ve tasted some intriguiging trials using ozone at harvest. On this wine I used eggs whites to soften the tannins (essentially like a fine sandpaper on woodworking finishes). I’m happy to answer any other questions.

Just a note of thanks to Orpheus Wines for their participation today. Appreciate the detailed responses! :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for a very welcoming and enjoyable day!

Come by our Kenwood tasting room and mention wine.woot for a free tasting. You can bring your empty Red Over Heels bottles and we will refill them from the keg at a discount as part of our Reduce, Reuse, ReFILL program.

Also, we invite you to check out some of our other alternative packaging–our unique 20L wine kegs:
http://orpheuswines.com/wine-club/keg-club/

Find out about our other current release wines and wine club at our website orpheuswines.com - and we hope to do another wine woot soon, loved engaging with all of you passionate wine enthusiasts! Happy wooting!

Nice offers.
Thanks for joining in today.

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.