Ortman Family Vineyards 2007 Cuvée Eddy - 3 Pack

I didn’t buy this last time because it was already 90+ degrees in ATL and summer shipping had not yet started, so I’m excited to jump on this deal. In for 2.

Some good comments from labrats as well as buyers (on the last page)

My alltime Woot favorite. This is also the wine with that crystalline layer at the top of many bottles that you have to break before you can pour it. In for two!

Although will only hold it for 5 business days before sending it back. Which I found out from my last vacation! Takes a little monitoring. But this is woot, no way in heck you’ll have it by 4/13.

I’ve had this and liked it very much. Its a Thursday nite wine - not quite weekend-worthy, but better than a Tuesday nite pizza wine.

I’m in for 1 - been waiting for something like this. I’m growing three out of four of these varieties and can’t wait to make blends like this.

Love this description! That nails exactly how I feel about this wine, too (although I will admit I drank it with some pizza and it worked very well).

This was my second woot wine (other than gifts). I found it less integrated (more tannins?) than the Costa Del Sol, which I much preferred at the same price per bottle. I think a second bottle months later was better; this may be a wine that needs to recover longer from bottle shock. In any case, I’m letting what’s left age until next fall.

In for 1, please tell more about the crystalline layer, what exactly is it?

I feel same way about LittleVineyard

Pleased to note so many other Wooters also have a positive take on this wine. The Cuvee Eddy was real tasty – I was pleasantly surprised it was far better than I’d anticipated for the price! My three bottles from 2010 are long gone; now, I’m in for two.

It’s a completely different blend than the Costa del Sol and 2 years younger. This is a 2007 Rhone blend (mostly Syrah/ Grenache), the Costa was a 2005 Sangio/Merlot blend. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

From the description:

“But what’s this about tartrate crystals? I’m told they’re perfectly normal and harmless for some wines, just a routine chemical reaction that occurs when potassium binds with tartaric acid at chilly temperatures. They also call them “wine diamonds”. So I guess, in a way, I did get jewelry for Mother’s Day.”

First time I opened it, I saw the crystals, but I was still surprised when I tipped the bottle to pour into my glass and NOTHING came out. I had to take a spoon handle and pound away at the barrier in the neck a bit to break the dam. You’ll want to decant or use a screen to reduce the crystals in your glass. For the record, they are harmless and tasteless.

Wine diamonds

I totally agree. One of the best QPRs I have ordered from woot, except for maybe the White Oak SB. Only going in for 1 this time, but have done 3 twice before for a total now of 21 bottles.

You all convinced me. In for one! :wink:

It’s comparing $13 everyday drinker blend to $13 everyday drinker blend. I’m not the only one who found it disjointed:

or thought there was a problem with bottle shock:

I’m not saying it’s a bad QPR, just that, for the price, I preferred the Costa, and that this probably isn’t a wine to take from the FedEx man’s hands and open for dinner. I’m hoping that yy next fall, my tastes and Eddy’s aging may come together.

There is a lot of nerve here, talking about Vermont Bears in the monologue and not having VT or NH on the ship list. I would have loved to have purchased a couple. bummer…

Good info. Looks like I’ll have to wait.

It likely won’t even ship for 2 weeks, then if you have access to a computer you can request to Hold at FedEx location in the same delivery area. They will hold it 5 business days. So, you’re covered for a 2 week vacation starting on the 13th.

(If you won’t have access to a computer, you can have a friend do it for you, of course)