Oster 12 Bottle Wine Cellar

Oster 12 Bottle Wine Cellar
$49.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Refurbished
Product: 1 Oster OW0912H6H 12 Bottle Wine Cellar

No CT links for this one.

This was on woot on 12/31/08. Blog here and Forum here

Anyone know the temperature range of the thermostat? Similarly, what temperature differential with outside air can these units handle?

Buy dot com currently has this, NEW - not refurbished, for $60 shipped.

Thats a total of $5 more for a non-refurb :confused:

Are we going to get any clues about potential woot-off diversions?

Don’t forget the shipping.

Its $59.99 with free shipping. Thats $5 more than woot w/ shipping…

While I would much prefer to shop at woot than the other site - $5 isn’t much more to get a brand new product instead of a refurb.

Eek?

Did you see who the First Sucker was? :slight_smile:

FYI, that one was NEW unit, these have been refurbed.

Okay, I had a friend buy this last time it was up and we had some issues. Instead of sending back to Woot, we decided to try to figure things out ourselves.
The unit was DOA. After looking up the product on review sites online such as: Top 411 Oster Appliances Reviews and http://www.fixya.com/support/t846040-oster_wine_cooler In the end we took the back panel off and got it working by replacing a blown out fuse. I guess the manufacturer for this unit is not actually Oster it is a third-party who bought the rights to use the name. Based on my reading online and my own experience, this product seems to be something of a risky buy. I would not recommend it.

I prefer refurbished items. I consider them ‘tested and improved’.

that other site and woot is the same thing.

The one at Buy is not refurbished.

I like the way Best Buy sorts the reviews with the best one at the top by default.

Before buying, I would advise people to read the forum, or at least the “quality posts”.

I had a very similar one by a differenr brand, but it may have been built by the same manufacturer. I had it for over two years without any problems before recently giving it to my brother after I bought a larger unit. The main thing to consider is that it needs at least 3" of space behind and on either side for the fans to circulate air in and out. The fans will fail otherwise, or maybe the fuse will blow as mentioned above. So, bottom line is you can’t tuck it tightly into a corner.

It’s on ecost.com for $64.99 (new) + LOTS for shipping.

Please be aware that the company has filed for bankruptcy, so the warranty is going to be useless. See the following site for details:

http://www.oster.com/specialannouncement.aspx

Sorry for the highjack but with the wootoff, there will be detours. EWN up and running cheron/jwhite?

Don’t know what I’m talking about? See Cheron’s sig. These cats are the best.

Back to a somewhat dubious wine cooler, it would seem.