OtterBox Defender iPhone 5 Case

No. There are openings at the bottom for the speakers and on the back for the camera.

I’ve had one of these cases on my 5 for over a year now. I do desktop support and have to crawl under desks and whatnot every day. My phone still looks brand new.

Highly recommend this case!

I have one of these and can’t get rid of it! I inherited it and had planned to use it for my 5S, but ended up not liking the bulk and the fact that it covered the finger print scanner (simply cutting off the rubber would work, as suggested, but my thumb is too big!).

That said, it offers the utmost in drop/shock protection. I ended up going with an Acase Superleggera Pro Dual Layer case and love it. It has the silicone liner with a hard shell outer, but significantly less bulk. It, of course, does not provide the amount of protection that the Otter does, but it’s more than sufficient for anyone that doesn’t work in a physically demanding environment and/or is pretty careful with their phone to begin with.

Some early defender cases were incorrectly sized by a few millimeters, allowing the phobe to slide around and get scratched. I bought two off of Amazon, one of which had the issue the other of which was great.

This has been the perfect case for me and my clumsy self. I use a Zagg protector for the screen and punched out the clear part of the case. I originally bought these over 50 bucks so i am snagging 3. Perfect case for the clumsy!!

NO

These cases are nice. The only complaint I have with them is that the built-in screen protector produces a weird oily rainbow looking thing on the screen. There are ways to fix it by using baby powder dust. But, it always comes back and it’s a little annoying at times. Makes text difficult to read.

Linky: Otterbox Rainbow Effect? | XDA Forums

Honestly. My husband has been through I think four belt clips…and he’s a school teacher.

I recently got the 5s, and with kids the thumb print sensor is the BEST because it allows me to keep them locked out all of the time without the inconvenience of a pass code. I thought it would be gimmicky, but it turned out to be my favorite feature. Just saying if it were me and I were planning to upgrade to the 5s soon, I would not sacrifice the thumb scanner for a covered home button.

Are you sure about that? Woot says one year, and otterbox’s website also says one year.

Does this case fit the Iphone 5s as well?

I don’t like covering the phone because I love its design. But after breaking the first screen after 5 years of smartphone use, I started sometimes using a silicone case. (Yah, I realize it doesn’t offer much screen protection.)

I just picked up this woot for camping, shop work, etc…can’t beat the price, even with shipping, for a credibly protective case!

Grab it fast - the colors are disappearing!

BTW, Woot and mother appear to be coordinated on this Woot - mother’s price is still $25.

We’ve upped the order limit to 2. You can put two different colors in your cart. If you want more than that, you’ll have to find a good friend to create another account.

Wow, this is gonna sell out any minute. I grabbed one while they were still left. Can’t beat an extra case for 13 bucks.

Guess we’ll be seeing a second tech.woot today :smiley:

@TT, can “friend” be in quotes?

(Is address used to validate accounts and order quantity limits?)

If one was to create another account, it would need to have another payment source. If one were to do it.

Does this otterbox defenderwork with the iphone 5s with the fingerprint logon?

I’d guess not, as the home button is covered by the OtterBox.

Wish the following had been listed on the features diatribe and not in the “spec” tab.

*Compatibility:

•Apple iPhone 5
•Not compatible with Apple iPhone 5S
•Not compatible with Apple iPhone 5C*

I didn’t even know that there was a distinct iPhone 5 model. I thought it went from 4s to 5s and 5c (c for color or for cheap).