Otto Active Noise Reduction Headphones

They look decent. In for one. Nice driver in them too, it would seem.

The airline adapter will likely be useless soon as the airlines appear to be in the process of removing all of the creature comforts from their planes. Soon we will all be sitting on hard metal seats with no tray tables and no leg room. You will still be able to buy a can of warm pop for ten bucks however. Ten more will allow you to look at the emergency evacuation pamphlet. Fifteen more bucks will allow you to turn on the air vent above your seat. Fifty more and you may even be able to use the on board restroom assuming your plane has one. And, if you are unlucky enough to be feeling ill, you will have the privilege of renting a reusable airsick bag for only nineteen dollars and ninety nine cents per flight. What a deal! Please also note that carry on items such as Otto Active Noise Reduction Headphones, Sansas, iPods, laptops, cell phones, and other electronics will be deemed as unnecessary weight and the TSA will confiscate them and sell them on eBay .

Just a thought of things to come.
Book your flight to Woot.Texas today!

Besides, don’t you think you would look funny wearing these huge things on a plane. You would look like princess Leia with black and silver hair.

can’t believe there’s no single review out there for this headphones…

No Gandolf, it means that you would hear less music,minus les nose.
Who flies on airplanes anyway, I fly on my soft rake. But I like the music loud, and at 96 db, it ain’t loud. Of course the amout of boost when the N/C amp is switched in i s not mentioned.

Buy one, then review it yourself! =P
Problem solved!

what is the purpose of the airline adapter? i guess i need to spend less time on the damn megabus and more time using travel methods that don’t suck.

want to sponsoring me ? =D

For $16 I’m willing to try these bad boys… I’m a student, hopefully the noise canceling will work sufficiently enough.

must be quite the scholar. try 14.99.

In for three. But what I really want is a new mouse and another handful of 2 gig SD or Micro SD cards.

Auditioning a new sig:
“Linux admins must be root. Windows admins must reboot.”

Might not want to be so sure – Bose QC2 run on one AAA battery… and they do NOT work without it…

When the battery dies you lost noise canceling AND audio… not sure how these guys work though.

these are too bulky for working out.
they would get in the way too much.
try opting out for earbuds instead

The only thing N/C headphones do, is introduce more distortion, amp related power limitations, poor loudness. Get a pair of senn 202 or 212 for 20 -30 bucks.

i have the non branded version of these. the noise canceling works alright and they are pretty comfy depending on your ear type. it changes the airplane’s rumble into a hiss and amplifies your audio. You won’t be able to use these as a way to get silence so you can sleep but it will make things a lot nicer when you are awake on the plane or listening to music or a movie. As for sound quality, dont even bother asking. Also the battery life is definitely less than what is stated.

Yup – a stockboy standing fifty feet away from the headphones didn’t detect any noise reduction.

I think the woot copy writers may have out-drolled themselves on this one. <g>

PS: I don’t think -13 db will be sufficient for use on the target range, but they ought to be real good for use with lawnmowers, rototillers, chainsaws, woodchippers, and so on – not to mention “normal” (non-NR) use. Looks like an excellent deal for those of us who at best tolerate in-the-ear phones. In for three.

Noise reduction is great, it keeps out low frequency annoying rumble much more effectively than non-NC headphones can. I have the Peltor phones from a couple years ago and use them every day at work, because of construction/vehicular/AC noise, and they help a lot. They’re perfectly listenable for music, maybe their frequency response is messed up but equalization can fix that. I just haven’t cared, since instruments differ from one another too.

I also got the Jabra ones that look like a clone of the Bose QC but they (and the real Bose that I tried in a store!!) have a weird scratchy artifact noise that comes up once in a while and is annoying.

Anyway, hmm, 10 bucks plus shipping, maybe I’ll buy one of these, don’t expect much but can’t go far wrong at the price.

It turns the headphones into an airplane.

There is leg room now? You must not be over six feet tall then…

Thinking about maybe just buying them to take apart and get some 40mm speakers to play with.

I might use them if they’re small. Size is a big issue for me, like a previous user said, I don’t want to walk around looking like Princess Leia.

I have a pair of these but under a different brand name. I think I paid about 20 bucks for them at the time. They are comfortable. They do a reasonable job of filtering out noise. The sound is also good enough that I keep using them. For ten bucks I think they’re a good deal. May get a pair for back up.