Outdoor Vino Sundress Sweet
Outdoor Vino Picnic Table Pink
Outdoor Vino Wanderlust White
Outdoor Vino Rambling Red
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
7/4/12

Interesting packaging…as a backpacker this could be a good find. Now, how about telling us a bit more about the wines and the grapes going in? Appelation “America” doesn’t quite cut it…

Sure no problem. All of the fruit is sourced in the Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon.

Cab/Merlot => Ramblin Red
Pinot Gris/Riesling => Sundress Sweet
Pinot Noir/Riesling => Picnic Table Pink
Chard/Viognier/Riesling => Wanderlust White

I think of the Riesling as a great way to achieve a touch of sweetness with RS and floral notes.

I should have added to check out the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/outdoorwino to see the wines in action.

I purchased a similar variety pack previously (sans the Sundress Sweet). The Picnic Table Pink was our favorite.

All three are easy drinking blends that are great for casual sipping and/or patio pounding. The Rambling Red has enough oomph to stand up to burgers. Don’t remember much about the Wanderlust White as we finished those awhile back but we just killed the last bottle of Picnic Table Pink about 10 days ago. Strawberry, watermelon and tart cherry with just a hint of sweetness. Very enjoyable.

It’s also fun to freak out your friends by tossing the bottle to them or dropping it at their feet.

I, too, bought these last time on woot and found them to be quite enjoyable when camping. Never thought to toss one at a pal to freak them out… but I WILL with this set :slight_smile:

Intriguing!!

I might have to get Naked…

A Clark Smith reference with Appelation America?

All of the fruit is sourced in the Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon.

Cab/Merlot => Ramblin Red
Pinot Gris/Riesling => Sundress Sweet
Pinot Noir/Riesling => Picnic Table Pink
Chard/Viognier/Riesling => Wanderlust White

I think of the Riesling as a great way to achieve a touch of sweetness with RS and floral notes.

What does “reusable” mean here? I’m not much interested in these particular wines but might make good use of some light/unbreakable/resealable bottles that I could transfer to and take to outdoor events.

We discovered Naked Winery last fall in Custer, SD of all places. My wife and I have been to several wineries since (and she’s been to Napa at least once), but we still talk about what a neat find Naked was.

They have a wide variety of really risque-sounding, but very delicious wines. While my wife prefers the reds, I lean more towards white. We tasted many of them, but there was just something really good about the Wanderlust. I’ve already ordered two cases of it since our trip, and when I offer it to our guests, you can see the “Really, wine from a plastic bottle”-look on their faces, but that quickly goes away once they have some.

These are great for days at the beach or lake. If you like your wine chilled, just toss them in the cooler with the other drinks and go. I’ve dropped at least one bottle on our patio (in bare feet) and just had to chuckle when it bounced and I didn’t wind up having to pull shards of glass out of my toes.

I admit I do find these intriguing.
I have one question for those of you that have had them before.
Is (are?) any of the flavors overly sweet rather than dry. Sweet wine produces a terrible headache.
Thanks wootees.

The bottles are light-weight, reusable, recyclable, BPA-free plastic. We like to reuse them as water bottles or to put other Naked Winery wines into when glass just won’t cut it.

If sweets aren’t your thing, I’d go for either the Rambling Red which is a Cabernet and Merlot blend, or the Wanderlust White which is a Chardonnay, Viognier & Rieslig blend (just a touch of sweetness).
All of the fruit is sourced in the Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon.

I thank you.

I had the chance to open the Wanderlust white at a bbq over the weekend with mixed crowd. Served chilled it was generally well received. I found it a bit too sweet, but ajrod and I were able to pick up on the chard and vio in the blend. The splash of riesling makes sense now.

Only got a quick taste of the red last night, and it needed time. I will try to revisit tonight and get some additional notes up.

I like this concept for outdoor events. You don’t have to worry about breaking the bottle, no cork to worry about, and it makes your bag/pack/beach chair much lighter to lug around. I will be keeping the bottles to transfer other wines into. To be honest I think the price for the quality of the wine is a bit steep, but the novelty of the bottle is nice. You do get 4 vessels for use in your outdoor endeavors in the future. I personally use a wine bag for backpacking, but would considering switching to this after some field testing is done.

Thanks so much for your interest. Sounds like you have an experienced palate.

These have been a life saver for me for all outdoor occasions. Totally light and great for hiking. The bottle is very durable like you say. I always bring a bottle of Wanderlust and Ramblin when I go fishing…you never know when dinner will be served:)

Thanks again taking the time to send a note and appreciate your response.