Outdoor Week: Electronics for Outside

I got the Pyle waterproof Bluetooth speaker in a boc a few weeks ago. I personally haven’t used it yet, but my teens use it in the shower and have had no problems with it. It syncs up to their phones with no problem, and the fm radio works as well. I doubt I would have spent $20 for it, but it’s nice to have.

Why is there no What is Woot Thinking? on this side deal?

Fudge… I can’t find me no info about the GearPro GDV288.
Not any vidja footage, or even ways to use it as a hammer. poo poo nuts.

Me either, but several of my Jeep buds have the previous version and dig it. I’m in!

I own the PWPBT75 and use it for kayaking. I wrote about why I like it in the thread about the PWPBT60… if you care to read it it’s here: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5969680&pageindex=1&replycount=4#post5971198

What is the expected battery life per charge on the GoPro? 720p version.

One star Amazon review of the Gear Pro GDV123S (bought from Woot). Nope.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2WQBAHXIZJXE/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2WQBAHXIZJXE

If it’s anything like the previous gearpro offered by woot, then the encoding of the video is probably MJPEG. It’s REALLY easy to get high resolution, but it will eat through SD cards like nothing else (720p video on the older one only gets 2h on a 16GB microSD card)
I’ll skip unless they actually confirm what the encoding is.

Anyone who was in on this might want to check your order and shipping status… Both myself and my friend got a Fedex email that said due the 19th… It never showed and now the status is “N/A”. If you’re in the same boat, chances are you’re not getting it and you should contact Woot customer service.

I checked in on your order, it looks likely that it was handed off to FedEx and then disappeared. Hopefully this isn’t a super wide-spread issue, but definitely anyone else who sees some weird tracking happening should contact us.

Thanks, it showed up today. Was just coming here to notify everyone.
But, the directions are terrible and I can’t find any support info. What are my options for support here? The directions for setting up the wifi are literally “Be sure to have a successful wifi connection”.

Files generated are MPEG-4 in a quicktime MOV (tech specs listed below).

Here’s the other “interesting” bits about this…

The camera handles wifi by becoming an access point. Connect to it like a regular access point from your phone. Unfortunately this means you probably can’t use your data service when connected to the camera. Blech. :frowning: But, it does work. The Google Play link for the app is [url=“https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icatch.wificam.app.sprite.gearproactiv”]here. Search for “GearProActiv” if you want to do it manually.

Although, one kind of cool thing is that in “Vehicle Mode”, the image is flipped. So, if you’re mounting it inside a car, you should have it hanging DOWN from your windshield, which makes life much easier for most vehicles. Unfortunately, the time stamp doesn’t flip with the image… :S

Formatting details for media files:
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 197 MiB
Duration : 2mn 55s
Overall bit rate : 9 422 Kbps
Writing library : icat

Video:
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 8 006 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 29.919 fps
Minimum frame rate : 29.412 fps
Maximum frame rate : 30.303 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.129
Stream size : 167 MiB (85%)

Audio:
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Little
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : sowt
Source duration : 2mn 55s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 411.2 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 29.5 MiB (15%)

I just got the gear pro camera and I ordered 2 of them with the wifi. both boxes had been resealed and they both don’t hold a charge.

I’m very sorry about that. If you haven’t already, use the “support” tab towards the top of the page to send our CS team a message, I know they’ll be happy to help.

Both of mine also will not hold a charge and are only good for about 15 minutes, if they don’t lock up. Returning.