Overhead Storage Racks - Your Choice

So, the amazon price is 179, the wootbot price is 149, and the woot price is 134, and the comments about the price don’t make sense. I assume the price keeps dropping? :slight_smile:

…either that or I still haven’t figured out woot.

PRICE DROP

Hey there, wooters. You were right. Our priced sucked this morning. We’re gonna make it better by lowering the price to $134.99.

Buy all the racks so the buyer will stop crying. It’s really annoying.

If you already purchased, that extra money will pop back into your pockets soonish.

Really? “Professionally installed”? I find it impossible to believe that the average non-disabled person with a $5 stud-finder and a $20 drill couldn’t do this easily in 10 minutes.

Do you recommend that only professionals put gas in your car as well?

(Also, WTF is everyone bitching about Woot for? If you don’t like it, move on.)

I kinda miss the days when someone pumped the gas, checked the oil, and washed the windows.

//showing my age

Go live in Jersey. :slight_smile:

For anyone who has these, or something similar, is there really a difference between these and the cheaper ones? I mean, a rack’s a rack, right? Not like I’m looking to store a car up there.

In Oregon they DO only let professionals pump gas. Its illegal to pump your own, but you can pump diesel, go figure.

And :stuck_out_tongue: to the discussion ‘powers that be’ for deleting my previous post

About a year ago I purchased the Hyloft overhead storage shelf from Amazon. The one I purchased is 96-inches by 48-inches, and can hold up to 1000 lbs which is overkill for what I need.
Other than it being about twice the price of this one, the 2 significant differences is #1 the shelf that Woot offers has double joists at each corner, mine does not. #2 mine has a diagonal brace going from one pole to the other, on the short ends.

I looked for high quality steel with a durable finish, that could hold a lot of weight and this one seems to fit the bill.

Woot was bought out by Amazon a while back.

Good point. http://www.costco.com/SafeRack’s-4-ft.-x-8-ft.-Overhead-Garage-Storage-Rack-.product.100006897.html

Ha! If you want the buyer to stop crying then drop the price some more. $15 less than Costco is hardly a woot-worthy bargain. At $99 I’ll bet they fly out the door.

I’ll take my $15 plus the $10 sales tax savings from woot anyway. That’s a lot of extra beer to drink in my garage…heck, maybe I’ll head to costco with my savings and buy their beer!

hahaha man, took the words right out of my mouth.

I installed a rack similar to this (a Costco rack). Be careful, some garages in single story homes have irregular ceiling joist spacing; often greater than 24". I had to buy some L-shaped angle iron to span a couple of joists in order to hang the rack.

All too aware of this fact but thanks!

so it seems suspicious at best that the Amazon price JUMPED to $179 right as you lowered to $135. To be clear, yesterday these were $149 (or the same price as the original woot). Way to make it seem like a great deal though! You had one job!