Appreciated.

Abbott and Costello came to mind when I saw this:

“What mountain are you climbing?”
“Who.”
“Uh, you… What mountain are YOU climbing?”
“Who.”
“YOU! What mountain are YOU climbing?”
“I’m not climbing What Mountain. I’m climbing Who Mountain.”

That is an amazingly designed shirt. Kudos to you.

As a card carrying member of PETSO I find this shirt offensive. Please remember that stone owls are not ours for use in entertainment, experiments, or to eat. How would you like it if you were a stone owl and people joked about climbing all over you just for fun? I doubt you’d think it was funny. Stone owls, like all people, don’t have a brain or a central nervous system. They don’t really feel fear, pain, sadness and other emotions, but I’m sure deep down, they’re just like you and me. Please don’t buy this shirt, it’s just downright offensive to the oppressed stone owls all over the world getting climbed on right now.

possibly inspired by the birdman of owlcatraz - otherwise known as the rock.

If he’s a soldier, then he’s awfully… equipped. Owl that heavy stuff will slow him down on the field.

This is a real hoot, Woot.

I like the drawing.

That said, may I be the first to declare
that I am not cool enough to “get” it.
(am I missing a pun…or…?)

Congrats Terry, awesome design!

Owl Rock - Arches National Park (Moab, Utah)
Imgur

I caught myself whistling the Harry Potter theme song when I saw this shirt.

Is it just me or does it appear that the climber is using ice axes to scale a rock face?

He is. But that’s a common mistake made by people who don’t know about mountain climbing. Keep in mind that ice axes aren’t really often used for “climbing” per se, but mostly as a “break” as in self-arrest.

I immediately broke out into " Who, Who are you who who…whoooo are you…climbin me… climbing me. whooooo are you who who…

>_> Right its time for this night owl to go to bed.

I think we all know, in the next scene, the rock formation comes to life, and then the evil owl eats the climber, tearing him apart limb from limb! And then the owl goes on a feeding frenzy, the likes of which the world has never seen… Who can stop him?!??

According to Zoo Books magazine, when he reaches the summit he’ll have nearly a 360 degree view of the land around him.

I’m assuming Crazy Horse, since it’s a huge project that is taking forever to finish as they work very slowly at it. I laughed at the write-up, since I figured they were poking fun at this.

EDIT: I scanned the wikipedia, and Crazy Horse is exactly what they are making fun of.

Congrats amigo Terry! I’m a huge fan of your fantastic work!