Paladin PowerPlay 24n1 Multi Tool by SOG

I’m confused. Is this made by PALADIN or SOG?

Or does one own the other because I work in IT and we use a lot of Paladin tools for crimping cutting and so forth and I have never seen them offer one of these.

Confused,

Crowsnest

Paladin worked with SOG to develop this tool. Paladin defined what tools needed to be included, and SOG built it for them.

Cool thanks fellow W00Ter!!

:angry: :blah: :mmm: :chaching:

I didnt notice before but it has a punch down tool for a 66 block and a 110 block!!

Does anyone know if they are spring loaded like all other punch down tools?

It’s the same tool as the sog eod series. Previous Woot
I bought the bigger model of this Paladin multi-tool Paladin for my Dad. He said he bought more of the multi-tool components on sog that he switches out.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with your SOG/Paladin tool. SOG tools by design allow you to be able to replace or exchange individual tools at will. The loosened tool “problem” you mention is easily corrected by tightening the screw. Tools will loosen up with use, its the nature of the tool. The plier mechanism will also loosen up to the point it will open like a balisong knife. Some people like this , some do not, all you have to do is re-tighten the screws or bolts if your tool get too loose. Leatherman tools do not allow you to either change tools or tighten them has they use a security screw by design. SOG is the only brand that allows you to “customize” you multitool to your liking. They are different animals.

Also SOG updated the tool locking mechanism to what some call “piano keys” locks, nothing more than individual locks for each tool. The tool offered here and older models feature a single lock for each set of tools on either side of the handles.

I have both Leatherman and SOG and they each have their place.

Does anyone know if this multi tool would be a good gift for someone that works on A/C units? Any help would be appreciated.

Check this site out for interactive info.

Paladin Info

It shows all the tools of the PT-525 and the PT-510.

This tool is a fixed punch tool and not a spring loaded ‘impact’ tool like the Fluke or Harris 110/66 punch tools. Those are used by people who do hundreds of terminations.

This is still a good tool nonetheless and would be more than adequate to do quick terminations.

does anyboyd have the 510 version of this? and can compare the 2. i saw the 510 for $25 and debating which one.

It isn’t designed for production work. It’s designed for those emergency things that you run into that you don’t need your full tool belt for.

This tool is more suitable for Data/Telecom/Network wiring people.

A/C techs would probably prefer standard multi-tools like the SOG S61, etc.

Thanks!

here are Multi-Tool Components that will fit the Paladin multi-tools depending on size…all interchangeable…

FYI, I’m a telecommunications technician and I bought one of these in December of '06. I’ve carried it every single day since I bought it and love it! As someone said, someone who punches down cabling for a living has a spring-loaded punchdown tool that they normally use. This is true, but I carry this all the time and am always prepared whenevr an unexpected trouble ticket comes up and I’m closer to the problem than I am to my tools. It’s very handy and is very well made. If anyone has SOG knives you already know the quality of their products and this is no different.

I got a killer deal when I bought mine and it was $7 more than this…I highly recommend this if anyone is on the fence.

What?.. no blasting cap crimping tool?..

Like I said, “No blasting cap crimping tool?”

I just bought the S61 last week. But, the hell with it. In for one.

I am an IT guy and will get much use from this. There are plenty of times I have to do cabling work unexpectedly. This will end up saving my ass someday.

Paladin:

50%x50%

http://www.homestead.com/deestory/files/paladinDraw.jpg[/img]

Shipping Update

Paladin PowerPlay 24n1 Multi Tool by SOG has completely shipped. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING