Palm Treo 600 Unlocked Smartphone

I’d rather have my Treo 600 over a Treo 650. Much more stable and less finicky. The only problem is that Treo 600s develop a solder joint or other fault on their system board that corrupts the phone’s ability to tell when your battery is fully charged. The net result is that your Treo starts cooking your batteries, which lose capacity, and the Treo stops working when the battery shows less than a 50% charge.

Went through 6 of these in 1 year - walk - I mean RUN away from the TREO. Maybe I was just unlucky but my user experience was horrific.

For < $100 it is a deal & a solid WOOT but man oh man I have sworn off PALM gear…never again.

My carrier finally offered me my pick of devices - went with a Windows Mobile Smartphone and I have had no issues to date (11 months so far).

Bluetooth? Am I blind, I did not see that listed…Bluetooth?

I had a 600, 650, 700p and now a 755p. The 600 is a POS, it won’t even make a good paperweight.

At $89.00, I would take a 650 or a 700, but if you want to sell me a 600 for 89, you best tape a $100 bill to it first.

Erm, Verizon runs on CDMA. This phone WILL NOT work on Verizon. This phone will operate on AT&T and T-Mobile. It will not operate on VZN, Sprint, or Alltel.

How could Verizon customers possibly use this?

Can this be used with Virgin Mobile?

This is the Treo 600, note there has been a 650, 700, 680, 750, 755, and now Centro in the 4+ years since the Treo 600 was introduced to the market.

Reasons to buy:

1. Curious about the advantages of a smartphone b/c you don’t have one
    AND
  2. already on a GSM compatible network (ATT or TMO)

I loved my T650 and my T750, but this is no where near current market technology.

w00t

I have the 680 and love it. Palm is better than Windows Mobile.

I love this phone, in all its slightly oversize glory

No because we Sprint users are CDMA and not GSM.

It’s totally worthless without Wi-Fi!

Yo, the description says it will work with Verizon but Verizon is a CDMA carrier, not a GSM carrier. In the USA you will only be able to use this Treo on AT&T and T-Mobile networks (and their licensed subcarriers). Sprint and Verizon will definitely not work with this phone.

Does it come with a way to charge the battery? like an AC adapter, or maybe a USB cable?

I have not been happy with sprint, i’m totally switching to verizon

I have Verizon. Does this phone support analog as well as digital? (Tri-mode they call it).

Also how do I activate it with Verizon? Do they give a hard time over activating this stuff? Should I expect my monthly bills to go up with this phone compared to my feature-lacing 2001 Nokia?

PalmOS is still living in 2002… single threaded while others (windows mobile, symbian) are multithreaded. But still, this is a pretty good price…

Yes – in the UK. Not in the US. In the US, only AT&T (the former Cingular) and T-Mobile have GSM. This also works with T-Mo ToGo.

i had one of these it was a great way to get into the pda / phone world it was my 1st pda full keyboard and texting has never been the same it has great features but i realy did not have any use for it besides texting and web browsing it does not have the evdo on it us uses the old setup but so does the iphone from what i hear so its ok then and it does not have wifi but there is a hack to use a wifi sd card if you buy one then you can surf in hotspots that about it good price but now i have a 650 and love that to so if your starting out and text alot this a good buy.

ps. i dont feel any diff on the speed or os fell the 650 feels like the 600 to tell you the trun the 1 1/2 years later and i still like the 600 key layout over the 650

it says in the description that it does not have bluetooth.