Palouse Winery Washington Red Blend (4)

Sounds like good stuff!

Your description clearly reads to me as “2008 >> 2007” :slight_smile: Thanks for the notes!

Hi guys, whne you coming up to the winery again?

Neil, thanks for jogging my memory. I did taste the '07 but not the '08 vintage. Standard palate fatigue/ sparse notes caveat as others.

Nose: dark fruit
Palate: cherry, blackberry, currant with some dusty/earthiness on the mid-palate and fairly grippy tannins on the finish.

Chip- better notes than mine… I didn’t take any, I was too busy slinging wine at 70 mph! I found the 08 to be more complex… More mouthfeel… More tannins (petite Verdot?) and the 07 to be more fruit forward and ‘drink now’.

I preferred the '08; others in the office liked the '07 better. Go figure.

Back from tours #1 and #2 and sorting out notes, also sparse as they were as the evening grew late. Had both the '07 and '08 and noted light grippy tannins on the '08 compared to the '07; nice finish on both. Noted ‘would buy’ and appreciated the lighter 13.5% ABV. Given that Amex increased my limit, IN.

I’m not sure how the wine is, but I do find it odd that it’s called Palouse Winery. It’s off the western coast of Washington! The Palouse, if you haven’t been there, is a beautiful region in southeastern Washington and central/western Idaho, full of rolling hills, lentils, winter wheat, and a beauty all its own. It’s worth a visit if you’ve never been!

Hello West-siders!

I was just curious why you decided on the name Palouse Winery, I live in Spokane and initially thought (given the mass of vineyards and wineries between here and the OR border) that you were closer to me. Just looking for some trivia, thanks:)