Panasonic 12MP Digital Camera with Leica 12x Optical Zoom & HD Video

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Panasonic 12MP Digital Camera with Leica 12x Optical Zoom & HD Video
$139.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I have a similar camera (slightly earlier model) and absolutely love it; it takes great pictures, the lens is small so not quite as sharp as a full-sized one but still really nice, controls are easy, and this looks like a good price.

Love the write-up. Pure gold! Jerry, it’s GOLD!

That seems like a nice price. anyone know what the orig retail price is/was?

12x optical zoom? Boy, I thought my 5x optical zoom was good…this is awesome! Great for stalkers, I guess.

Its 199.99 at Amazon excellent reviews

CNET

Product Website

call me crazy, but this looks like an incredible deal. I don’t even need a new camera, and I’m having trouble resisting. Good luck, all!

Panasonic a couple of years ago modified the firmware in their cameras so only Panasonic brand batteries would work. Does anyone know if they still prevent you from using a third-party battery?

PS, I previously owned a Panasonic with a 12x optical zoom. Once you get that sort of zoom, you’ll never want to go back. The fully zoomed camera can see things that your eyes can’t - it’s like having a pair of binoculars. More importantly, it’s great if you need to take good pictures, but you can’t get too close to the subject, i.e., at the zoo, or a child’s play, etc.

I’ve had this camera about a year (weird to see it on Woot?) No real complaints, it’s a bit annoying to have the rechargable battery, would prefer regular…pictures are very, very good, the LCD is excellent, mostly easy to learn, though I’m still trying to get good shots during fast motion (sports.) Video is VERY good…overall happy with it, at this price an excellent woot.

Yup.

Ah, You beat me. But here’s the amazon link for the ZS6 Amazon ZS6

Froogled

Googled

Just wanted to say that we bought one of these from Woot a few months ago. It is a terrific camera. It takes better pictures than my $800 Pentax digital SLR. Well worth the money.

So not right. I just bought this 3 days ago at Amazon for $200.

Liking the camera so far.

Bought 1 last time around back in Dec. at $10.00 more . Great camera fairly large though for a compact but no problems .
Love how woot packed the thing . Wrapped in a piece of bubble wrap , slipped inside a zip lock and shipped in an incredibly large box .

refurbished from $159.95

I use a third party battery from Amazon with no problem. Just find one that is “decoded”.

owns this camera and LOVES it.