Panasonic 14.1MP Digital Camera with Leica 16x Optical Zoom, GPS & 1080p HD Video

this has a Global Positioning System! SAAAWWEEEETTTT

Long meeting and didn’t miss any items. Not bad.

16x optical, 21x “intelligent”. The optics are maxed out at 16x, and then they use digital zoom to tweak it up to 21x.

People say digital zoom is worthless, as you are pretty much doing the same thing that could be accomplished by zooming in on the picture later on. However it can be useful for better seeing & identifying your target in the viewfinder as you shoot, even though the quality of the image will pretty much max out once you pass 16x.

=========
Here are the specs from Panasonic’s site:

Optical: 16x

Extra Optical: 18.9x (4:3 / 10M), 22.5x (4:3 / 7M), 27.0x (4:3 / 5M), 33.8x (4:3 / under 3M)

Intelligent: 21x
Digital: 4x
(Max. 64.0x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom)
(Max. 135x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)

Basically, the 16x is for high res. You can zoom in more, but the res decreases automatically. At least they’re upfront now. My older ZS6 is a good little camera, but it took me a while to notice that when I used the extra zoom the res auto-dropped to 3m, not the 12m maximum res. But think about this - 16x at high res? For $200? If I wanted a backup, this would be a really good choice.

Sweet!!! I’ve been looking for one of these for a bit, and was ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED that I’d missed the first round of these. Now, I’m ABSOLUTELY ELATED!!! (Now, if we can get rid of these “503” messages that keep popping up, we won’t be so FRUSTRATED.)

Has anyone received shipping notification on this item?

Don’t hold your breath. I bought one of these last Sunday (9-11-11) and STILL haven’t heard word one from Woot about when it will ship.

Very disappointed.

Sent message to WOOT service 2 days ago and received a reply " working on it " !
Well?..still no shipment notification.

I wouldn’t worry about your order:)

I also ordered this on Sept 11. Since that is a Sunday, I think the clock starts ticking on Monday (the 1st business day after Sunday).

I recieved shipping confirmation as below, which by my count is 5 days after Monday 9/12.

Nice job woot!

date: Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM
subjectWoot Order Tracking Number