Panasonic Link2Cell 3HS or 5HS Phone Sys

I use an older version of these modern Panasonic DECT 6.0+ phones, bought at Costco about a year & a half ago. I use it with an Ooma Telo, and have never had any problem. Cannot see any reason you couldn’t use a MagicJack or any other VOIP interface.

Also, Panasonic’s compatibility list posted above by another wooter is certainly NOT all-inclusive. My wife and I both use smartphones that are not listed, and they link through the BT feature flawlessly.

EDIT: This appears to be the most current Panasonic compat. list, but is still about 8 months old…
http://shop.panasonic.com/docs/compatibility-lists/cellular_compatiblelist_with_panasonic_products_oct-31-2013.pdf

if the 5 handset version was silver, i would have bought it. then i realized that i could buy 2 of the 3 handset silver version and register all 6 handsets to 1 base. in theory, this sounds doable. anybody have any experience in this?

ETA: nevermind, i just noticed that the silver version doesn’t have Text Message (SMS) Alert. if you text at all, this is a feature worth paying more for.

If this is the same model Woot! sold a couple of months ago, they work just fine with Vonage VOIP, so I should think they’d be just find with Magic Jack. I don’t use the Link2Cell feature, so I can’t comment on that, but otherwise, I’m very happy with these phones. Sound quality is great.

Anyone knows if these are only 110V or allow dual voltage 110/220V?
I am moving overseas in a couple of months…

According to the User’s Manual:

Power source:
120 V AC, 60 Hz

you can rename your cell phones’s BT name and when the panasonic discovers it, it will remember it as the name created on the cell phone. So you don’t have to use #1 or #2.

I can’t say if it works for any of those phones, but the LG and Galaxy we have pairs w/o a problem.

1. As for someone calling your landline, the panasonic will still ring and you can pick it up. On top of that, if someone calls your cellphone, your panasonic will still ring and you can pick up the cellphone’s call with another panasonic handset (you can’t answer the 2nd cellphone’s call with the panasonic given there is only 1 active bluetooth connection allowed).