Panasonic SW9585 16X Dual Layer DVD±RW/RAM Drive

Welcome to the Panasonic SW9585 16X Dual Layer DVD±RW/RAM Drive topic page for Tuesday, June 21st. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

eehhhh… It would be a good deal if i needed one…

BOC PLEASE!!! (a woot-off would be acceptable too!)

WOW!!! Sold Out in less than 4 mins…

Wow, finally something computer related!

I can’t seem to find any reviews for it. Well, not in English…here’s one in Japanese:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/yss/sw9585/sw9585.htm

Since it sold out, Woot probably won’t mind me posting a link to another good buy. You can get the NEC-3520A for only $8 more ($42.99 delivered) at NewEgg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152039

WOOTURNTURNTURN™ - For every person there is a WOOT WOOT WOOT :slight_smile:

Remember just 'cause you don’t like a woot, doesn’t mean 382425 do too. What they have sold out in just goes to show it.

But, saying that… let’s see a really cool tech woot!!! YES!!! AWESOME WOOT!!! WOW!!! Killer deal!!

SOLD OUT IN 3 MINUTES!!! NOT FAIR!!!

http://www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat Deals, coupon codes and freebies. New dell $750 off $1499 coupons are out!

Panasonic SW9585 16X Dual Layer DVD±RW/RAM Drive
It won’t make ice cream OR lemonade
$29.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Still using CDs as your back-up medium? Think you’ve stepped into the 21st Century because you upgraded to a DVD burner this year? Well look again my friend – if you don’t have a dual layer DVD burner by now, you are probably the laughing stock of all your friends.

What’s that you say? How does a dual layer DVD burner work? Well – the Double Layer DVD+R system uses two thin embedded organic dye films for data storage separated by a spacer layer. Heating with a focused laser beam irreversibly modifies the physical and chemical structure of each layer such that the modified areas have different optical properties to those of their unmodified surroundings. This causes a variation in reflectivity as the disc rotates to provide a read-out signal as with commercially pressed read-only discs.

That ‘splain it for ya? What you really need to know is that dual layer discs allow you to store up to 8.5GBs of data on a single disc. That’s nearly twice what you can store on a standard DVD and more than 13 times what you can store on a standard CD. You can even squeeze up to 4 hours of DVD quality movies on a single disc, but don’t let Jack Valenti or Dan Glickman know we told you.

Features:
New, OEM
Black bezel
16x maximum write speed (DVD+R)
4x maximum write speed (DVD+R DL) Double Layer
8x maximum rewrite speed (DVD+RW)
16x maximum write speed (DVD-R)
6x maximum rewrite speed (DVD-RW)
5x maximum write speed (DVD-RAM)
16x maximum read speed (DVD)
8x maximum read speed DVD+R (double layer)
40 maximum write speed (CD-R)
24x maximum rewrite speed (CD-RW)
40 maximum read speed (CD)
2 MB buffer
145 ms average seek time (DVD)
125 ms average seek time (CD)
E-IDE/ATAPI interface

Yeah! Except that it sold out in under 5 minutes… :frowning:

Yesterday’s woot didn’t sell out…first time I’ve ever noticed that happening.

Heh guess that’s what the tagline for today’s woot is in reference to. 16X burner for $29.99 without rebates seems pretty sweet, shouldn’t have a problem selling out this time!

EDIT: wow how right I was…sold out in under 4 minutes…whoa!

http://www.exadeals.com <– my deal site

Did I blink or did that sell out fast?

Hey all!

Baby W00ter here; my first post!

Too bad it’s on an “ehhh…” item (at least for me).

Maybe tommorow, eh?

P.S. If anyone wants a BOC, come to my garage! :smiley:

Damn! 3 minutes??? Dood that was fast…

And I could have ordered one… Didn’t need it though… More for everyone else!

Cheers!

Arg, I need a wireless router =P.

Nice interesting woot, DVD writer though.

Finally, something to RW± home about!

FANCY.

yes…

sux

I want some speakers!

drive broke on me a few weeks ago, and just bought a new dvd/rw DL for $50 and thought I got a good deal :frowning:

coulda used this a few weeks back, woot! :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:

Today&rsquo;s item quantity: 400<br>Last Order time: 12:03:19 AM CDT<br>Woot Member to blame: ed_tx<br>Order Pace: 0m 0.50s<br>Woot Wage: $217013.07 an hour.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Today&rsquo;s item quantity: 400<br>Last Order time: 12:03:25 AM CDT<br>Woot Member to blame: rlk<br>Order Pace: 0m 0.51s<br>Woot Wage: $210661.46 an hour.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Today&rsquo;s item quantity: 400<br>Last Order time: 12:03:25 AM CDT<br>Woot Member to blame: arigatou_man<br>Order Pace: 0m 0.51s<br>Woot Wage: $210661.46 an hour.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Today&rsquo;s item quantity: 400<br>Last Order time: 12:03:37 AM CDT<br>Woot Member to blame: hallex<br>Order Pace: 0m 0.54s<br>Woot Wage: $199011.98 an hour.