Panther Creek Large & Small Pinot

Panther Creek Large and Small Pinot Noir 2-Pack
$74.99 $163.00 54% off List Price
2008 Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir, 1.5L Magnum
2008 Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir, 375 ml
CT link above

Winery website

Is this a 1 litre or a magnum? A magnum is 1.5 litres. It’s a difference of 2/3 of a bottle…

Edit: Cesare, you faithfully got it correct according to the specs page. It’s definitely a wootish error, but the only question is whether the volume or bottle name is wrong.

The offer is for two non standard sized bottles.
A) Half Bottle (375ml)
B) Magnum (1.5 liters)

A standard wine bottle is 750 ml so a magnum (1.5 liters) is the equivalent of two standard bottles.

I hope that helps.

Hi WineWooters,

This is Anthony Van Nice, President of Panther Creek Cellars. We are excited to offer this unique two pack of the Panther Creek Cellars Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir 2008! It comes in two non-standard sizes, a half bottle (375 ml.) and a magnum (1.5 liters).

I love the Shea Vineyard. It is one of the best known vineyards in Oregon and Panther Creek has been working with this site for over 15 years. The 2008 vintage is one of the best in recent memory. These wines have a little bottle age and have been stored in a temperature contolled warehouse. They are drinking beautifully now and will continue to age well for a few more years.

I hope you enjoy these wines as much as I do.

Best,

Anthony

It should be corrected on the main sale. Please let me know if there is anything else to edit.

[MOD EDIT: Changed the Features and Specs to reflect “1.5L” edit]

I understand the confusion. There was an error in the offer. I can assure you that the bottle that will ship is a 1.5 liter magnum. Panther Creek has never produced a 1 liter bottle. Thank you for pointing out the problem quickly so we can address it!

No problem…thanks for being here to address it! Much faster than WD or another woot orverlord having to go check the paperwork. This sort of thing happens often enough I’m not fazed…but the adoring fans want clarification!

The Shea Vineyard is a beautiful vineyard of 140 planted acres. It is located in the Yamhill Carlton District, a Sub-AVA of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. The wine from Yamhill Carlton often showcase dark fruit such black cherry and blackberry.

This offer should make for a fun packaging challenge to the WCC shipping crew. I wonder what kind of boxes they’ll use…

LOL. I was thinking the same thing!

Regarding the wine, is this a funky/mushroom/forest floor type of Pinot?

Two different sized boxes ducted taped together like the space shuttle making its trip back from the mojave desert.

Shea Vineyard was my favorite of the Pinots that Panther Creek has at their tasting room when I visited. That was 2008, so no comments on this vintage. Other than it was gorgeous weather in May that year.

Looked up on Cellar Tracker, it was a 2005. Note was “Opened for a woot tasting. Went over very well. Considered “just what you want an Oregon Pinot Noir to be.” Decanted for 90-120 minutes before we drank it.” Consensus was a 90 point rating.

This works out to 2.5 regular sized bottles and with tax and shipping to SoCal it’s $34.8 a bottle.

But you generally pay more than 1/2 the cost for a 375ml and more than 2x for a 1.5L.

Stop bringing math into the equation.

Also, remember to save your 375 and pour your remaining regular bottles into it so you minimize air space (and don’t have to shell out of fancy argon type crap that does the same thing).

I love Oregon Pinot, and 2008 was a superb vintage. I would definitely buy this, but alas — GA is still blacklisted on the ship-to list.

Remember you can always call RJQ and he’ll show up with an argon tank strapped to his back ready to gas you up. Or just get some 375s. I like the argon shock trooper method better though.

Good Morning,

yes, there was a double take when this offer came down the pike. " what the…"

answer, fyi is mag two pack with .375 in bubble wrap. the little guy will be as snug as a bug in a rug.

and thanks for jumping into the forums Panther Creek.

I love this deal.

I had this wine recently and for me the dominant profile is ripe red and black fruit. Behind that there is definitely a secondary characteristics of eartiness, morels, mocha, and tabacco.