Parducci True Grit Reserve Petite Sirah (5)

Parducci True Grit Reserve Petite Sirah 5-Pack
Sold by: Mendocino Wine Group LLC
$69.99 $172.00 59% off List Price
2014 True Grit Reserve Petite Sirah, Mendocino County

[Grape]

Parducci True Grit Reserve Petite Sirah 2014

Tasted a sample upon opening, and it was tasty, but as usual for a PS, had a lot of tannins.
Ran it thru the Vinturi and tasted while eating a Caesar salad and a nice ribeye.

Lovely aromas coming from the glass of the usual PS suspects (blueberry, blackberry, etc.), as well as a lovely deep, rich red color. Still some tannins, but the ribeye worked with them nicely. Poured more while finishing off the ribeye.

This is a good PS that you’d pour for somebody who isn’t into PS to introduce them – it’s very varietally correct. But at the very attractive price point of $15/bottle, it doesn’t need to be built for the long haul.

This is a very nice wine to accompany BBQ, burgers, steaks, sausages, and anything on the grill.

So to recap:

1. Cellar this for at least a year, more likely 2 (or longer). But not for decades.

2. If you insist on drinking sooner: decant, decant, decant! Decant for at least 1 to 2 hours, possibly longer, at cellar temp (55° to 60°).

3. This is a more typical PS, so keeping it longer will not hurt it! It will go well with meat.

Used Argon in the remaining half to finish tasting tomorrow.

Last Wooter to Woot: MarkDaSpark

[grape]

Parducci
True Grit Reserve Petite Sirah 2014

Tasting panel- The usual:Mom, Dad, Brother, SIL and myself (I love PS).

PNP:

Color:

All of us agreed it was a nice deep, dark purple and when held up to the light, it looked blood red. When I poured the first glass, everyone was impressed with how dark it was.

Aroma:

Me: Blueberry,cherry, Dark chocolate
Brother:oak, mellow, smooth
Mom: smelled, good, oaky
Dad: like a nice fall day
SIL:woodsy

Taste:
Me: Dark chocolate, blueberry,hint of cherry. Tannic (no surprise on the tannins)
Bro:tastes young, cherry, tannic
mom:black pepper, tannic
dad:black pepper, tannic
sil: tannic, bitter

After Vinturi:

All agreed it really helped mellow the tannins,
Me: muted the chocolate, blueberry flavor
Bro:same
Mom:not as aromatic, same flavor
Dad:opened up, smoother,same flavor
SIL:still to tannic,bitter

We tried with Ghiradelli 72% and 60% Dark chocolate and agreed the 72% was to bitter and competed with the wine. The 60% complimented the wine and was quite tasty.

Final thoughts:
Me, Bro,Dad A nice wine, even at its young age.
Mom and SIL- would drink if it was served at dinner, would not order because it was to tannic for her.

This wine definitely needs to be decanted. If you don’t have time to decant, definitely use a Vinturi.

We guessed the price to be anywhere from $18-$30.

Dad enjoyed and will be ordering. I think it is a great wine and price point. (I have to see if I can find the funds to purchase)

Thanks for the opportunity to Rat… I mean Debate.

Our 2014 Parducci True Grit Petite Sirah has heady aromas of ripe fruit, white pepper and vanilla, followed by an intense rush of fresh blackberry, dark chocolate, pepper and caramel flavors.

Residual Sugar: 0.05g/100ml

PH: 3.77

Cooperage: Aged 15 months
15% new American oak
45% one year old American oak
40% neutral American oak

Mom ordered and I just ordered for a friend of mine… because that’s what friends do…they enable each other😀

Marrrrrkkkkkkk!

All GD community tasting notes for this wine have been x-posted into cellar tracker, user names have been omitted to protect the guilty.