Pareto's Estate Eighty20 Chardonnay (6)

Pareto’s Estate Eighty20 Chardonnay 6-Pack: ($8.33/Bottle)
Sold by: Blue Canyon Wine Company
$49.99 $114.00 56% off List Price
2013 Pareto’s Estate Eighty20 Chardonnay, Monterey

More info would be nice. This screams auto-buy, but some tasting notes would be much appreciated

2013 Pareto Estate Chardonnay Eightly20. 13.5% ABV

Grade = A-

Nice gold color in the glass, with aroma of sandalwood and tropical fruits. Taste is clean and crisp with tropical fruits again plus vanilla and light oak on the finish. Not a lot of complexity, but simple, straightforward and good. Drink now.

I am in for one for summer deck enjoyment.

Rat checking in.

Nice golden color with medium-strong oak on the nose. I was a little worried that it was going to be an oak/butter bomb, which I don’t care for, but it turned out to be much more mild on the palette.

Oak is the dominant flavor, but it’s not overpowering. Got a little bit of vanilla and honeydew. There was a tanginess on the end that was kind of a mix of citrus and the heat from the alcohol. The alcohol taste isn’t strong, but it’s present. Apart from the tanginess on the end, it’s got a creamy, heavy mouthfeel.

It’s not super complex, but it’s tasty. My girlfriend and I don’t normally like chardonnay, but we both thought this one was good. I suspect because of its mild nature and not being overpowering with any one flavor.

Before seeing the price listed, I thought it was a $15-20 bottle, so at about $8 on woot, it’s a great buy for an everyday drinking chard.

Somewhat unrelated note, but props to the Grape Debater program. My last review was unfavorable for the wine. I thought, “They’re never going to let me review again.” But they did. I was pleased that they’re not filtering out people who write bad reviews and cultivating a batch of people who only ever say good things. :slight_smile: