Parolu Mia Lingvon

In answer to the questions, Esperanto is a constructed language intended to be a worldwide second language. Supposedly it is the easiest language to learn and borrows from many other languages, especially Latin…

The shirt seems to borrow off this and pun the common expression “it’s all Greek to me”

the first lesson is free here at this site. http://esperanto-usa.org/en/node/701/done?sid=1672

This shirt is about as awesome as esperanto. Which is to say, not at all.

It’s a weak joke. “It’s all greek to me” in greek would be vaguely wittier. The design itself is uninspired. Etc etc etc.

I think that Woot is trying to have the worst shirts possible this week in hopes that their inevitable new year promotion gets more hype.

I would have bought it’s Engrish to me.

Too bad it doesn’t include the esperanto symbols. Might have been a nicer-looking design.

As a Classics major who knows Greek (of the ancient variety), I’m in for one.

Hello and welcome! The person who understands nothing says, “It’s all Greek to me.” But what about the person who understands everything? What does he say? To that, the shirt is offered. Unfortunately, it isn’t written in the International Language. And we don’t see the Green Star, the international symbol of Esperanto. Actually, we suspect the designer knows nothing of the life and work of Zamenhof. Golly! Somehow, it’s funny to understand…

EDITED - I know people posted translations already. it took me 20 minutes. i’m leaving it!

Looks like a lot of effort went into this one.

I speak pig latin as my second language. When do those shirts come out?

I think more effort was spent translating the description.

Spanglish is the use of english and spanish while speaking… i guess “its all / to me” isn’t english, and “esperando” isnt spanish

but hey i just speak both of the languages… what do i know?

I’m hoping that’s what Boris meant too. :slight_smile:

condition: Nekomprenebla
product(s): 1 Brown Woot Tee (4509)

I love having English as my first language.

The only thing I have to post with regards to Esperanto is this: William Shatner (he of the “Kaaaaahhhhhnnnn!!!” fame) starred in a movie called Incubus wherein the spoken language is entirely in Esperanto. I dare any of you wooters to rent and sit through the entire movie sober.
<shudder>

Cryptic… thanks for the explanation. I didn’t get it at all, even after looking up Esperanto - which I’d never heard of. And I’m a fairly intelligent, well-read kinda guy. I guess this shirt’s not for me.

Plus it’s ugly as hell.

Nothnx.

I sometimes like checking these designers’ web sites, especially when they appear to have more acclaim than their design dictates/deserves. Which led me to find out that this designer is the proud creator of the eye-numbing Pencildelic, as well as a number of other equally crowded and garishly coloured pieces. Yet, while her average design is less than wearable to me, they appear to normally be complex drawings that require some form of artistic skill. It makes me wonder why this shirt is what is being offered… maybe woot, in their effort to provide unique shirts, doesn’t want to print Pencildelic 2: Electric Wootaloo.

wow. thanks for the work. still not buying

I was with you right up until you stipulated “sober.”